same motor same battery different range

nlack1

May 8, 2024
Greece
Me and my friend have 2 emtb 2021. They have the same motor bosch performance line cx 250w, the same battery 625 and we do the same route in tour mode together.
When my battery runs out, his battery is at 25%. we tried changing batteries but the result was still the same. My bike is a cannodale habit neo and my friend has a cube stereo. You can think about what could be wrong?

nlack1

May 8, 2024
Greece
Yes, I am heavier than my friend by 15 kg. My friend is 75 kg and I am 90 kg. But in tour mode I thought that the assistance given by the motor is the same

Mario Antony

May 5, 2023
Portugal
Yes, I am heavier than my friend by 15 kg. My friend is 75 kg and I am 90 kg. But in tour mode I thought that the assistance given by the motor is the same

90kg to 75kg is 20% more, and it's a lot (=3 barrels of 5 liter full of water).

To consume same battery, you would need to expend +20% more power to make it even - being human or motor power!
Basically you need to equalize the relationship between power and weight (power/weight).

Last edited:

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Attach 3x5 litre cartons of water to your mate and/or his bike. Then run the test again.

That is a lot of weight to move about, to accelerate and to propel up a hill.

You will be so amazed that you will immediately go on a diet!! :)

You will owe your mate a big drink, perhaps several!

Bummers

Mar 12, 2022
UK
More weight = more energy required to move it.

You need to be in maximum efficency with your gearing. Making sure you use the larger gears more and keep the cadence around 80rpm, don't allow the motor to assist you as much because you're not using the most suitable gear for the speed/slope.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles