S/h mythiques via wigglecrc

Biggest Ted

Jan 29, 2024
UK
Hi All - does anyone know the score with the e-mythiques wiggle are punting out via their outlet on ebay, tri-sport resort? Some look basically new with scratched frames, but some have cryptic motor not-tested comments.

There's no warranty, so wondering what the level of risk is - could you be buying something that's been sent back with a completely bolloxed motor or battery? Has anyone bought one of these, or related ebike, through this channel?

I know very little about ebikes, but is there the expectation with a bafang motor that you can get the spanners out if things go wrong, and put it right? Thanks for any advice.

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Generally, that account auctions off returns. If they're saying no warranty & motor not tested, I would assume it's knackered and be pleasantly surprised if I won one for cheap & it works. Caveat emptor & all that. The nice thing is you can buy Bafang motors & batteries readily. Don't know much about repairing them.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Hi All - does anyone know the score with the e-mythiques wiggle are punting out via their outlet on ebay, tri-sport resort? Some look basically new with scratched frames, but some have cryptic motor not-tested comments.

There's no warranty, so wondering what the level of risk is - could you be buying something that's been sent back with a completely bolloxed motor or battery? Has anyone bought one of these, or related ebike, through this channel?

I know very little about ebikes, but is there the expectation with a bafang motor that you can get the spanners out if things go wrong, and put it right? Thanks for any advice.

From what I've seen, bikes which were sent back were generally electrical issues.

Mainly :

Handlebar switch stops working (normally moisture ingress and dries out).

Display - similar. (Ideally buy a new/spare display/switch to keep to hand anyway - DPC245)

Seatpost is pushed down the tube and can catch/squash the excess cables which are stuffed up the tube - need to repair/replace cables.

Battery has gone into sleep mode so bike won't respond - details in the tech docs thread.
Haven't actually heard of any knackered batteries and equally haven't found anywhere to buy a replacement - CRC were going to stock them.

Self walk motors. Not sure if this is cable damage again as one of the cables can be connected upto a throttle, so if this is shorting it would do this. Bikes with this so far have had replacement motors which would suggest it's a problem with the controller board (you can buy replacement controller boards). Could be caused by moisture ingress or a manufacturing fault/faulty component.

You can buy a whole new M510 motor too if you need to, so it's not the end of the world.

Keep in mind that a lot of the early Zeron forks (VR model) had a manufacturing fault on the damper so are total crap unless you swap the damper out. The bike is incredible with a Fox 38 or a Zeb.

Jimmylowblow

Oct 26, 2023
Uk

Hi, did you win one?

Biggest Ted

Jan 29, 2024
UK
Quick update on this if anyone is interested in mythiques through this route - it's a mixed bag, as you would expect.

Frameset was in good overall condition and bike also came with a charger, despite not being photographed in the auction. Gave it a full charge and bike powers on - great, but fails to proceed due to a speed sensor fault. Notice it has a very warped rear disc, so fix this and ride it round the block no problem.

Let's Gooooooooo E-Biking!!!!!!!!!!

Nah.

Have the bike leaned up and setting the bars correct and the head unit dies. Refuses to come on despite much wire / socket / battery re-seating. The wire to the control buttons does seem stretched, so perhaps that is it, but strange that it initially powered on without issue. Does anyone know if there is a UK supplier of these head units? I can see a couple in China and I'd like to see if I can swap it out.
Unfortunately, in taking the crank arm off to access the motor case I can see there's some damage to the spindle threads - not terminal atm but the previous owner looks like they have aped the big crank bolt in. Probably raging at the absolute state of their bike. I can get it back in seated ok but this doesn't look great - can you swap a new spindle into these motors? Seems like a fundamental component that might be hard to remove.

GeordieKenevo

May 12, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Quick update on this if anyone is interested in mythiques through this route - it's a mixed bag, as you would expect.

Frameset was in good overall condition and bike also came with a charger, despite not being photographed in the auction. Gave it a full charge and bike powers on - great, but fails to proceed due to a speed sensor fault. Notice it has a very warped rear disc, so fix this and ride it round the block no problem.

Let's Gooooooooo E-Biking!!!!!!!!!!

Nah.

Have the bike leaned up and setting the bars correct and the head unit dies. Refuses to come on despite much wire / socket / battery re-seating. The wire to the control buttons does seem stretched, so perhaps that is it, but strange that it initially powered on without issue. Does anyone know if there is a UK supplier of these head units? I can see a couple in China and I'd like to see if I can swap it out.
Unfortunately, in taking the crank arm off to access the motor case I can see there's some damage to the spindle threads - not terminal atm but the previous owner looks like they have aped the big crank bolt in. Probably raging at the absolute state of their bike. I can get it back in seated ok but this doesn't look great - can you swap a new spindle into these motors? Seems like a fundamental component that might be hard to remove.
How much did you pay for it in the end?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
You can "jump start" the display/bike, I put details in here.

Should help you work out which bit is knackered. The cable's quite easy to stretch depending how you have your bars laid out.

I seem to remember seeing a few in Europe for sale, just search DPC245 - I bought my spare from china.

Last edited:

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
So i just won a mythique on ebay trisport for VERY cheap money it look n good nick but says not working! I suspect display is full of water but we shall see when it arrives on thursday, so
are there any part suppliers in uk? I can get stuff of aliexpress no problem
are there any m510 motor fixers in uk? Just in case!
any reason why i cant replace the 510 with a 560?
is the display bluetooth?
any advice would be welcome

Last edited:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
So i just won a mythique on ebay trisport for VERY cheap money it look n good nick but says not working! I suspect display is full of water but we shall see when it arrives on thursday, so
are there any part suppliers in uk? I can get stuff of aliexpress no problem
are there any m510 motor fixers in uk? Just in case!
any reason why i cant replace the 510 with a 560?
is the display bluetooth?
any advice would be welcome
COOL ! Congrats !

I think you can get the DPC245 (display and switch) from ebay and amazon. There are a few euro suppliers too. Not sure if Chain Reaction have them yet -they have the batteries now.

Not sure about uk M510 fixers. Performance Line/Ebike motor Centre don't do them - though I'm sure Pete would have a look if you're desperate.

In theory you can swap to an M560, but I think there's a few reliability issues with some of them.

The display is bluetooth and will connect to "Bafang Go" ..

There a main mythique thread. Mudguard thread, fork and shock thread and a tech docs thread. I've tried to keep the Tech Docs thread as the main info source with limited conversation so it's a place to find things easily - conversations going in the main Mythique thread.

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
The Bafang catalog shows two displays for the 510 one looks like a shimano style the other a stem mounted with a bigger screen, apart from the obvious does one have more function than the other?
will any canbus displays work? There a few on aliexpress

Neeko DeVinchi

Dec 31, 2020
UK
The newer DPC245.3 DIsplay, allows you to use the new Bafang Go+ app. This new app allows you to change parameters of the M510 motor on the fly @ccrdave

I can service Bafang motors and I do live in the UK. Any problems, just pm me👍🏿

Yes, you can install the M560 motor into the E-Mythique. But that motor is best used with a 48v battery (not 36v). So you'll need to swap the battery and lower mount at the same time.

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
The newer DPC245.3 DIsplay, allows you to use the new Bafang Go+ app. This new app allows you to change parameters of the M510 motor on the fly @ccrdave

I can service Bafang motors and I do live in the UK. Any problems, just pm me👍🏿

Yes, you can install the M560 motor into the E-Mythique. But that motor is best used with a 48v battery (not 36v). So you'll need to swap the battery and lower mount at the same time.
Cool thanks mate i dont get the bike til Wednesday so once i had a look i may need you to have a look at the motor but i think the display is probably full of water i will replace that anyway. Who stocks the 245.3 any idea?
to be honest for the money i paid i could put a new motor and a new battery in it and still end up with a cheap e bike!
what part of the country are you based in?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Cool thanks mate i dont get the bike til Wednesday so once i had a look i may need you to have a look at the motor but i think the display is probably full of water i will replace that anyway. Who stocks the 245.3 any idea?
to be honest for the money i paid i could put a new motor and a new battery in it and still end up with a cheap e bike!
what part of the country are you based in?
Personally, I'd stick with the 245 V2 (I have both).

Go lets you see more useful diagnostic information such as the torque sensor output.

The 245 V3 doesn't work with Go, only Go+ (which is utterly dumb as the only difference is which version of bluetooth the display supports - even though the version of bluetooth your device supports makes no difference).

Go+ on mine overwrote all my motor setting with some bizarre default of 0 ... for everything .. so only walk mode worked afterwards, it's also pretty buggy besides that and doesn't work on Android 13 or 14 to configure your motor. Go+ also has constrained configurations settings, so you can't actually set the motor up to be the same as it is by Vitus default (which is better).

If you do want a 245 V3 there's a link in a thread if you search.

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
Ok point noted, actually i just noticed wiggle have the displays in stock at a good price

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles