Rock guard - motor protection for cube stereo hybrid 160 (2021)

jokou

Dec 26, 2020
Switzerland
Hi everyone. My name is George and recently i ordered a cube stereo hybrid 160 hpc of 2021 and while waiting my bike to come i am searching for a rock guard
protection to replace the plastic one that the bike comes with. I ve been searching at the web and i guess that a good option is a carbon rock guard replacement from rockquardz.com
Does anybody have installed this one or something else that can recommend?
Thanks in advance
Good rides to all
George

Στιγμιότυπο 2021-01-09, 1.19.14 μμ.png

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
Very difficult to find the original plastic skid plates for Cube on the internet. I’ve spent hours looking and all I can find is the expensive carbon fibre one for my bike (below)

BD749CCB-4D2D-46C7-9B63-DBE8D1DBE06E.jpeg

I have a small crack in mine but I’ve used araldite resin to repair it on both sides

jokou

Dec 26, 2020
Switzerland
Very difficult to find the original plastic skid plates for Cube on the internet. I’ve spent hours looking and all I can find is the expensive carbon fibre one for my bike (below)

View attachment 49524

I have a small crack in mine but I’ve used araldite resin to repair it on both sides

and this one is by rockquardz as I can see wright?
And you think it’s a good option ?
Thanks

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
and this one is by rockquardz as I can see wright?
And you think it’s a good option ?
Thanks

Ive not used one myself. I’d prefer the original if I could find one. Your photo shows a few gaps. I think maybe mud and dirt would collect there and you may have to keep removing it when cleaning.

jokou

Dec 26, 2020
Switzerland
I guess that probably @Beekeeper you are right cause your rock guard covers all around the motor and it's like been made for this specific model.
@GMLS i find this one better option. I ll keep searching if there are any more choices as my bike does not arrived yet
Thanks a lot guys
good day

Tepi

Nov 18, 2018
Finland
[QUOTE = "R80, viesti: 251915, jäsen: 913"]
Rockguardz -vaihtoehto on huono, valmistettu todellisesta juustosta.
[/LAINATA]
This is self--made.Pul the side guard wide to stop the dirt from the showers.Shockproof material 6mm, hot air blower with bens.WORKS!

IMG_0006-001.JPG

IMG_0004-001.JPG

KDillonK

Aug 7, 2022
Washington, USA
Hmmm, I like that Aluminum one--especially for heat dissipation. I broke mine (a couple times) and finally just overlaid the original (semi-broken) guard with a carbon-fiber/Kevlar weave. Pretty indestructible now. I did break the little front tangs off, so I later created slots in the top and strapped it up around the frame. It's better that way--so solid. In hindsight I could have made this a lot prettier because the weave is so super flexible. I could have done the layup in one drape, not several. I might put another layer on it to make it all clean.

But still, I'm thinking that Aluminum one is so nice. $100 though....
BashGuard.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles