Pic of the Day

Arminius

Subscriber
Jul 26, 2022
Rhein-Ruhr Delta, Germany
Enjoy. I could sing it for you as well.

View attachment 139986
Spoken vocals sound like / remind me of slang from northern Germany. 🤔

When starting to work I had to call Mr Harper in Aberdeen while my colleague was watching me. Knowing well he spoke Scots only and I would understand zero from saying hi. 😂

Sorry to all others for OT. I had to many good days in the office and promise to go more riding now. The ‚Klingenpfad‘ (Blademakers Trail) around Solingen is calling.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Spoken vocals sound like / remind me of slang from northern Germany. 🤔

When starting to work I had to call Mr Harper in Aberdeen while my colleague was watching me. Knowing well he spoke Scots only and I would understand zero from saying hi. 😂

Sorry to all others for OT. I had to many good days in the office and promise to go more riding now. The ‚Klingenpfad‘ (Blademakers Trail) around Solingen is calling.
Yes Aberdeen accent can be hard . Even worse on a phone call I imagine haha .

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
I’m just a little anxious that @Nicco or @Nicho will add some thought bubbles to my injury-pic.
View attachment 139960
Gawd-help-me.!😱
"Pucked-off"
Pucked Off.png

fuzzydunlop

May 8, 2024
Hawkes Bay, NZ
shit thats some photo! from a phone?

edit - also what are the trails like up there?
Yeah just a point and click with my iPhone, NZ is pretty photogenic. Trails are good on Te Mata Peak but fairly limited, amazing to have right on my doorstep though. I'm originally from Manchester, UK and would need to drive for an hour or two to get to comparable terrain and it would often be muddy. We've got some new trails being built in Eskdale - the cyclone wiped out the original ones. For the really good stuff I drive to Taupo or Rotorua.

Reactions: rjd

fuzzydunlop

May 8, 2024
Hawkes Bay, NZ
Oh know that!

Not got up to Hawkes Bay yet though, only been in NZ 20 years myself... :D
Jeepers those photos are incredible. North Island is gorgeous but South Island just leaves you in awe. Hawkes Bay is a pretty nice place, I used to live up north in Mangawhai and preferred the coastline up there. Climate here is better though and more hills for mountain biking.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
I went to Aberdeen Uni and for the first three days I never understood a single word the locals spoke! Became a natural with Doric after a short period, 15 years... :ROFLMAO: Yer ken fit like it is, loon!
Well Buckie Doric would be more unintelligible , Fraserburgh is even worse. Lugs, spavers ,switie oxters you kenfitaneanmin

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Well Buckie Doric would be more unintelligible , Fraserburgh is even worse. Lugs, spavers ,switie oxters you kenfitaneanmin
I'm from Aberdeen, and my wife has a friend from Gamrie... when she speaks, I can barely understand her!!

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
I'm from Aberdeen, and my wife has a friend from Gamrie... when she speaks, I can barely understand her!!
Don't know many from Gamrie lovely setting down there though. Used to say there were more millionaires per population there than anywhere else in the UK . A lot of Purse net Fishermen from there I presume , mega bucks that job.

TimC7

Ovine Assaulter
Apr 22, 2023
UK
It's only cooler up there until you get a cravat at 150 above :eek:
🤣
True dat, but I've experienced the air-ground interface more in 1 yr on the MTB than in 40yrs flying . . managed to find a pothole at speed later yesterday, stopped my front wheel but not the rest of me. Feeling well battered today and new bits on order . .

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Yep, I packed in years ago but often reflect on how I injured myself much more frequently playing squash than I ever did chucking myself off Col de la Forclaz. Power lines, they're the real enemy 😂

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles