Orbea Wild 2023 Headset spinblock broken

Rocketship

May 23, 2023
UK
I have a 2023 Wild and the collector spinblock has broken in half. - (the part that sits directly underneath the stem). It is made of plastic and has a really thin section where the cables run through.
Orbea are sending new parts under warranty to the local shop to fix it. Anyone else had issues with this?

Headset.jpg

Last edited:

Rocketship

May 23, 2023
UK
I have a 2023 Wild and the collector spinblock has broken in half. - (the part that sits directly underneath the stem). It is made of plastic and has a really thin section where the cables run through.
Orbea are sending new parts under warranty to the local shop to fix it. Anyone else had issues with this?

View attachment 139872

IMG_5730.jpeg

Mosand

Feb 21, 2024
Oslo, Norway
I had the same thing happening to my Rise. I have a 5mm split spacer under it, so I epoxied it together to make one part. Works fine.
I was told by my LBS that Orbea is adressing this with a new part made of alu.

Rocketship

May 23, 2023
UK
That makes sense to make it in alu as this design is daft. Also if you have an off and the handlebars take a knock, I think it will twist and break it?

Rocketship

May 23, 2023
UK
Update - new Spin block has finally arrived at the dealer. I had to keep chasing Orbea all the time and they took 2 weeks to send out the part from Spain!?

The new part is still plastic like the old one.

I am still wondering about this design through. It has a solid stop which restricts the bars from spinning. If you came off and the bars take a knock, wont the stem try and turn and put a lot of pressure on the plastic spin block?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles