Orbea Rise Data Field for Garmin - Tips

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
Just wanted to share an experience I had getting this all set up on my Garmin 830...

First, I downloaded and installed the Orbea Data field add-in on my device
Next, I registered my bike on the Orbea site
Next, I successfully "unlocked" the Data Field add-in via Garmin Connect and the Orbea site
I added it to the Mountain Bike activity (created a new Data Screen) , and it wouldn't work - said that it was not activated/evaluation mode only

The simple solution was to uninstall and reinstall the Orbea add-in on my device via Garmin Connect. It worked perfectly after that.

Hope that helps anyone else trying to sort it out!

aefren

Mar 15, 2021
San Diego, CA
Just wanted to share an experience I had getting this all set up on my Garmin 830...

First, I downloaded and installed the Orbea Data field add-in on my device
Next, I registered my bike on the Orbea site
Next, I successfully "unlocked" the Data Field add-in via Garmin Connect and the Orbea site
I added it to the Mountain Bike activity (created a new Data Screen) , and it wouldn't work - said that it was not activated/evaluation mode only

The simple solution was to uninstall and reinstall the Orbea add-in on my device via Garmin Connect. It worked perfectly after that.

Hope that helps anyone else trying to sort it out!
Thanks for the information. I was having the same issue until I uninstall and reinstall the Orbea add-in on my iPhone and then my Garmin watch was working and showing all the stats. I did have to turn off and turn on the Orbea once to show the batter, mode, etc.

Thanks!

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
Ever have any luck getting the app to display in mph rather than kph?

Nope. Still waiting on an answer/fix from Orbea. It has been weeks. I sure hope I never have a hardware issue!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles