Orbea Rise Cascade Component Link

iJak

Mar 2, 2022
Vancouver BC
It's happening - no details on it though. Saw this through their IG showing this at the Crankworx Whistler Booth. Below are all educated speculation:

+ progressivity
+ travel (possibility, if so, not much)
Gen 1 Rise (up to 2022) - should fit both carbon and hydro
Gen 2 Rise (2023 edition) - hydro only, since Carbon contains new linkage
Long stroke kit - unlikely as it should include a shock yoke too

1690645457319.png

BengtWeil

Sep 17, 2022
California, USA
The Cascade link appears to come with standard Enduro sealed bearings. Aren't the original Orbea linkage bearings the black oxide version of Enduro sealed bearings?
I understood the black oxide version of the Enduro bearings was their premiere bearing for corrosion resistance... am I missing something here?

BengtWeil

Sep 17, 2022
California, USA
Yes, unsealed bearings would be a problem in the linkage! If your bike came with linkage bearings that have no seals, you should be able to have them replaced under warranty with the proper OEM sealed bearings.

I would guess that they have been replaced since new and someone used an inferior linkage bearing without seals or removed the seals in an attempt to service them (clean/grease?) and didn't replace the seals.

The Blue Paper for the '21-'22 carbon and '22 hydro both spec the same bearings for the linkage and when those bearings are ordered from Orbea, you receive the black oxide version of Enduro bearings which are sealed.

PXL_20230730_221507099.jpg

cookie70

Mar 23, 2022
Central Coast, Australia
very cool! cant wait to see what this brings to the table. Hopefully it addresses the loosening the upper axel gets OEM that locktite "fixes". Long stroke would be awesome, take it to 150mm on the rear I'd be super happy!

Cant say I really have any complaints about my M10 apart from the rear being a bit flexy.

Last edited:

cookie70

Mar 23, 2022
Central Coast, Australia
1691485650589.jpeg
This link will add 10mm of travel bringing the Rise up to 150mm, and increase shock progression to somewhere in the high 20% range (the exact amount hasn’t been determined). Cascade is also working on hardware for this link kit that includes two outer washers which will be bolted in place to prevent any potential migration of the links.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
Only downside for UK buyers is cascade closed their UK store, now you have to buy from the US Store. The shipping is outrageous, once you factor in VAT and customs duties it makes it not even worth it.

Luc_B

Sep 1, 2023
Luxembourg
I contacted Cascade and they told me that the Orbea Rise link will be available in their European online store in about 1-2 month time . This might be of interest for those living in Europe as ordering in the US is expensive due to shipmens costs and shipments from the US are usually subjected to import taxes and fees in addition to local VAT.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
I contacted Cascade and they told me that the Orbea Rise link will be available in their European online store in about 1-2 month time . This might be of interest for those living in Europe as ordering in the US is expensive due to shipmens costs and shipments from the US are usually subjected to import taxes and fees in addition to local VAT.
I tried to order the brake callipers from the EU store and was told they don’t ship to the UK and I would have to order from the US store….thanks Brexit🤣😂

Luc_B

Sep 1, 2023
Luxembourg
I tried to order the brake callipers from the EU store and was told they don’t ship to the UK and I would have to order from the US store….thanks Brexit🤣😂
They indeed ship only to the 27 EU countries from their EU online store with free shipping included with all purchases.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Just putting this here so I can find it months later !

Apr 4, 2023
United States
I'm in US. Pre-ordered the link and the pre-load kit. Just under $300. It didn't have an expected arrival, but someone on their insta said we should expect the first links sometime in late October.

theremotejuggernaut

Aug 2, 2022
UK
I'm guessing you're warranty is gone as soon as this is fitted?

Genuine question... Do people think the linkage needs more progression? Going from 20% stock to 27% is a 35% increase so hardly a small amount.

I guess if you're running a coil or your on the heavy side it could help but for me at about 160lbs on an air shock, it seems like too much

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
I'm guessing you're warranty is gone as soon as this is fitted?

Genuine question... Do people think the linkage needs more progression? Going from 20% stock to 27% is a 35% increase so hardly a small amount.

I guess if you're running a coil or your on the heavy side it could help but for me at about 160lbs on an air shock, it seems like too much
The link will void the frame warranty from pretty much every brand. You would want to keep the stock link to swap back in if you have issues that need to be warrantied.

cookie70

Mar 23, 2022
Central Coast, Australia
I'm interested in the extra travel and especially the "clamp" that you can get to stop the arms coming loose that the original 2021 version is notorious for.
If the extra progression lets me remove a bunch of volume spacers out of the shock that can only be a good thing

Edit, parts arrived. will install ASAP
1696303095657.jpeg

Last edited:

Apr 4, 2023
United States
Anyone got any info on if these links completely void all warranty on the frame? Someone in the group said it would, but I called orbea and the lady gave me a really inconveniencing, "no it wouldn't void the warranty"

theremotejuggernaut

Aug 2, 2022
UK
Anyone got any info on if these links completely void all warranty on the frame? Someone in the group said it would, but I called orbea and the lady gave me a really inconveniencing, "no it wouldn't void the warranty"
Orbea: This warranty does not apply to cases of damage or defects arising from negligent use of the bicycle, the mounting of non-original accessories not supplied or mounted by our factory, or any inappropriate manipulation or maintenance operations by you, the user, or by any third party on your behalf.
That's what the warranty says. So in theory, yes it invalidates the warranty.

In practical terms, say the motor fails and you take it in for repair under warranty, I think they're pretty unlikely to refuse a claim because you've fitted the linkage. If the frame cracks however, they've got a pretty good reason to blame the fact you've modified the bike.

I'd speak directly to the dealer that sold you the bike. It's them that'll be handling the warranty if something does go wrong.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles