Orbea Rise 2023 M10 -> upgraded to Di2

rschenkels

Dec 23, 2021
Belgium
Hi,

I had a Orbea rise 2021 M-Team, but bike was stolen recently.
I got a new stock Orbea Rise 2023 M10 from the insurance company with the larger 540Wh battery.

I upgraded to XT Di2, also installed the Orbea Carbon handlebar.
I used the free eMax app to make the changes from mechanical to electric shifting.

I also re-used the wheelset from my 2021 bike, and keep the Oquo as secong wheelset for muddy rides.

Ron

View attachment IMG_5799.JPG View attachment IMG_5801.JPG

aarfeldt

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 25, 2019
Denmark, Danstrup
Cool......I have the same bike and did also the Di2 upgrade (with 11spd Linkglide)
I've raised the speed limit from 25 > 32 > 30, which suit me perfectly.

Your bike looks amazing....good work.

Did you try the AutoShift function ?
I've used it quite some time (give it a try) and fiddling with the settings - but I'm back to manual shifts.

The only time I use AutoShift, is when I ride with a chainsaw in 1 hand, and cannot shift gear (trail maintenance).

rschenkels

Dec 23, 2021
Belgium
Hi aarfeldt,

Well I purchased the 12-speed XT Di2 derailleur, as my wheelset already had 12-speed cassette and the shimano microspline hub.

The 12-speed does not have Autoshift, but it does have Freeshift, so shifting while coasting.
Last weekend was my first ride with the XT Di2, manual shifting went very smoothly, but I need to 'explore' the freeshift in more detail.

I also upgraded to 34km/h max speed with eMax, because the default limit of 25km/h is not acceptable for me on cross country trails.

Ron

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles