Meta sx 27 Race

Dan202B

Jul 5, 2020
California
Tell me why I should choose the Meta SX 27 Race over a Specialized Kenevo or Santa Cruz Bullit. Obviously I can save a couple grand and that is nice. What else?

thanks

leftside

Mar 26, 2020
Vancouver
Meta SX Power Signature was $5k CAD cheaper here in Canada than the equivalent Bullit. That was good enough for me. My friend also has the previous years model and has nothing but good things to say about Commencal. His Shimano motor died, and got another in under 3 weeks. Another friend has a Specialized and his motor died at the beginning of last summer. Had to wait until the fall to get a replacement motor - and this bike was purchased new from a LBS.

Also compare the parts used.

Dan202B

Jul 5, 2020
California
Meta SX Power Signature was $5k CAD cheaper here in Canada than the equivalent Bullit. That was good enough for me. My friend also has the previous years model and has nothing but good things to say about Commencal. His Shimano motor died, and got another in under 3 weeks. Another friend has a Specialized and his motor died at the beginning of last summer. Had to wait until the fall to get a replacement motor - and this bike was purchased new from a LBS.

Also compare the parts used.
Thanks for the input. I am having a hard time justifying a Specialized or Santa Cruz price point when the Commencal appears to be as good in about every category.

Nov 21, 2020
Tucson, AZ
Thanks for the input. I am having a hard time justifying a Specialized or Santa Cruz price point when the Commencal appears to be as good in about every category.

It seems to me one of the major pluses of buying from a brand such as Specialized or Santa Cruz would be the local dealer support. If this means nothing to you, or your local shops aren't a great experience than a direct to consumer bike company such as Commencal can seem more appealing. Not to mention the enormous $$$ savings.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles