Levo SL 1.2 2023 - from the frame up!

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Apparently there will be more out in January in a new colour scheme according to Spesh šŸ¤”
Iā€™ve seen someone with a silver one in a Facebook group. The silver was what was originally advertised on various websites as the frame only optionā€¦ and I was quite excited about not having a black bike!

Unfortunately, the one that actually shipped was blackā€¦ which is why Iā€™m trying to add blue bits to detract from the dullness!! The only good thing about black is that the motor isnā€™t as obvious!

Theyā€™ve got another couple of coloured S-Works frames on the go, so who knows what will be available next year!

IMG_3952.png

• Hot
Reactions: Dax

mmcengineer

Jan 3, 2022
Sheffield
Future Plans...

Iā€™m trying to get a set of S-Works and ā€™Sā€™ decals ordered up in a metallic turquoise to match the i9 spokes / parts, however this is proving more difficult than expectedā€¦ as none of the graphics companies Iā€™ve tried so far have responded.

Try and get a Wolftooth steerer in black, so save the spacers / steerer being a slightly different shade of blue.

I might order up a Wolftooth seat post clamp and hope that it's a similar shade of blue to the rest of the bits.

Depending on how the S-Works graphics look (if I ever get some!) then I might set some blue Lyric Ultimate and Super Deluxe Ultimate graphics done in the same colour. I'd also consider some Industry Nine ones for the wheels too

In the last few weeks Industry Nine have announced an EN325 rim - so I'm currently in talks with them to see how realistic it is to swap my 315 rim over - as the hub / spokes remain the same. It might not be worth doing, but I thought I'd ask. Kind of annoying when you spend a heap of money on something and they bring a new model out a few weeks later! That's life though...

My wheels were specced with silver valves, but they fitted black in error. I collected the silver ones yesterday... however I'll wait until I next need to either change the tyres or top up the sealant until I do this.
Where did you get the frame ?

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Where did you get the frame ?
My local bike shop. They ordered it for me the day the SL 1.2 was announced. There were some for sale on the usual bike websitesā€¦ but I think quantities were limited.

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
These arrived today! They really don't look it from the photo, but they're the same metallic blue as the S-WORKS decals I have on the bike... with a silver background. Once I get the fork done, I have Invisiframe to put back over it too.

The SLIK Industry Nine decals were slightly bigger than the OEM ones, and the ones that went across the wheels don't stick right as they're too big. SLIK said they'd got the wrong template from i9 and are going to reprint them. I've asked them to do the reprint in their "almost black" colour, with just the outline in turquoise. I think it'll look a bit classier!!

I still haven't bought anything bike related on Black Friday, and it's almost 1pm!

IMG_6369 2.JPG

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Tip: it takes 3 minutes to sandpaper off the Specialized logo from the tyres if youā€™d like to remove it šŸŽ‰
I had a go at this today whilst changing my decals over. It took a couple of mins per side. You can still see where it was, but itā€™s much less obvious - especially from a distance.

I contacted SLIK a few weeks ago when fitting the previous decals advising that the DUO and EN decals were too big - and as a result ended up with the ends not sticking to anything.
They contacted i9, and it turns out they were using the wrong template. They said theyā€™d replace them FOC, and I asked if they could do them a bit more subtleā€¦ so I opted for the turquoise outline, with ā€˜almost blackā€™ inside.

Itā€™s not quite as in your face, and looks better to me. SLIk sent me 2 sheets of it too, so I have some spares when they start getting ripped by rocks!

IMG_6481.jpeg

IMG_6480.jpeg

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
IMG_6484.jpeg

I also removed the Invisiframe and the original decals from the Lyrics. Fitted the new decals, but made an arse of it. I lined them up from the bottom, but as one is longer than the other (L on one side and K on the other), the Rockshox logos at the top are completely different heights. Aside from this, and the fact itā€™s too big - it looks really good!!

The Super Deluxe Ultimate decal doesnā€™t fit either, because I have a MegNeg. I had it fitted before actually getting it, so I didnā€™t realise they both have different shaped bodies!!

2 replacements should be coming soon, and I can try again šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
All the decals are on. Looks great outdoors with the sun shining - the colour it pretty much bang on the Industry Nine turquoise.

Delighted the way itā€™s turned out. I think thatā€™s me pretty much done now.

Cannibals weigh over 550g more than the Michelin Wild Enduros I run in summer - and I currently have a ShockWiz on. Weighing 17.6kg at the moment, but I reckon itā€™ll be just under 17kg in a few months when I change the tyres back.

A relatively tame ride today as Iā€™m in for surgery on my toe next Saturday - so didnā€™t any incidents! After the storms last week, the trails were absolutely horrid! All clean and re-lubed for another tame outing tomorrowā€¦ which may be my last one for a few weeks šŸ™

IMG_6945.jpeg

IMG_6947.jpeg

IMG_6950.jpeg

IMG_6954.jpeg

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Excuse the mess in the background šŸ™„
Here's my bike on the scales with the Cannibals on - 17.56kg on my baggage scales. As I work for a calibration company, I've actually had the scales certified, and they're 0.09kg high at 18.kg... so the bike actually weighs 17.45kg.

IMG_6975 2.JPG

IMG_6974.JPG

Close up - but still not very clear!

IMG_6246 2.JPG

A new Cannibal - 1.443kgs... (nice stain on the kitchen worktop šŸ˜‚).
At 1.000 and 1.500kg's the correction for these scales is +0.002 and +0.004... so not really worth mentioning!

IMG_6247 2.JPG
A used Michelin Enduro Wild Rear at 1.158kg. The front is actually lighter, but I don't have a pic.
2 x Cannibal @ 1.443kg = 2.886kg. 2 x Wild rear = 2.316kg.
In a few weeks I'll be changing back to the Wild's, so that'll be a 0.57kg difference.

By then, I'll have the ShockWiz off the fork, the rear Garmin Varia mount won't be required, and the lighter tyres should make the bike about 16.9kg's. The challenge to have a sub 17kg bike (that's actually fit for purpose) will be complete! šŸ˜Ž

the202

Subscriber
Mar 6, 2024
Windrixville
View attachment 129339
Another minor changeā€¦

Through all my contact with Industry Nine about swapping my wheels, they advised that they DO actually have a headset for the Levo SL.

The iRiX for the Levo SL is about Ā£150 for the whole thing, which includes bearings and a headset cap. I advised them I already have the same Enduro bearings from my Wolftooth one, and had already purchased their spacers and top capā€¦ and could I just order a top cover.

Yes was the answer - so I finally have all my headset parts matching!!

The Lyric / super deluxe decals in metallic blue are ordered, and will be the last upgrade hopefully!
First off, your bike looks fantastic! Second, thanks to your comment (and picture) regarding I9 headsets I was inspired to call them and work out a spacer ā€œkitā€ that includes the bell-shaped Top Cover. Essentially, I ended up with an assorted size Spacer Kit, the bell-shaped Top Cover, and the Top Cap w/bolt for about $95. Like you, I didnā€™t need the bearing/s.

This entire thread has been very informative, thanks for all the great info.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles