Kellys Theos F90 Reviews?

JLLJLLJLL

Mar 25, 2024
Australia
I’m interested in the Kellys THEOS F90. My concern is that there is very little information about the bike available on the internet. After days of scouring, I’ve found literally only a handful of articles and videos (I’ve provided a full list below). But the reviews seem to stop around the middle of last year and I am yet to find any in-depth, properly long-term information on forums or in other venues. It’s also not a bike that you see on the various lists of “Best EMTBs for 202X,” etc., despite how positive the initial reviews seem to have been. Assuming I haven’t overlooked a trove of information somewhere (if so, please point me in the right direction), I’m hoping to draw on any THEOS F-series owners here, both for myself and other prospective buyers, as to how these bikes have performed over time. In particular:

- Issues with the thermoplastic frame material (cracking, warping, defects, etc.)
- Experiences with warranty claims and communicating with Kellys
- Reflections on performance and ride quality over time
- Persistent issues with components and/or frame design
- Anything else you feel is important for other riders to know

The articles I have come across are as follows:

- EMBN
- E-MOUNTAINBIKE
- Bikeworld (Polish)
- MTBIKER (Slovak)
- Rob Rides EMTB (Thanks, Rob!)
- Sam’s Bikes
- Toffer (German)

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

F matibs

Apr 20, 2024
Uk
Hello I own one of these bikes in the uk
I had a few initial teething problems
But after a year the frame cracked across the head tube and another hairline crack has been found in the headset
Frame has been replaced and i have collected the bike but not ridden it yet
I’m not sure if it will happen again but it will put me off riding Dh or large jumps again on it.
Motor has been replaced but that’s a Shimano issue and not Kelly’s
If it’s muddy or wet then the rear triangle where it meets the frame this will get packed with mud and has in the past pulled the electric cable from the mec
I’ve only ridden a handful of e-bikes and I had too wait nearly two years for this bike because of lock down etc and in this time there were other bikes produced that I would have gone for
The price went up massively from putting down a deposit to collecting
Theses are the bad bits
The good bits are that the range is fantastic and you can ride a bike park all day and still have battery
The bike to ride is fantastic it jumps well and is planted because of the extra weight
I can’t wait to ride it again
I would love to have an e-bike withou a rear mec though

LurmanJens

May 7, 2024
Germany
Hi, I have Theos F90 for 8 month. In the beggining I had some creaking noise I was not able to get rid of, later tried loctite for the bearings/frame contact and it solved it. Now Im trying to get dust cover for the charger port as my young nephew riped it off. But overal bike is amazing. I swapped stock tyres and its much lighter. Those swalbe stocks were much wider then neccesary. Range is great, tbh i maxed out the battery only once on full day trip and still finished with the bar left. Handling is amazing(specially after tyre swap), it goes easy into air(compared to my older alloy haibike). Also what I noticed is that the overal seating position is not agressive as I was worry from the pics and geo chart. Its super comfy and you feel like on a proper tank ready to ride over anybody :D Bonus point its eye cather everywhere I go. It really is pleasure to look at. Im also impressed by the axles in the pivots. These can take a beating. Whole susp.system accesory is quite oversized(axles, nuts, bearings)

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles