I put my BBSHD in a cheap chinese suspension frame, it did not go well.

TreadMTB

Jul 12, 2022
Earth
Nice vid and build. Love the way it looks. I think part of the reason your noticing the flex in the frame aside from the play in the frame design is also because the BBSHD is ridiculously powerful at 160nm and an untuned throttle is very peaky. The BBSHD is so powerful it will tear apart anything aluminum on your drive train(chainrings/cassette/hub), I've this the hard way. Even my former BBS02 with the luna tune came with a throttle set to be peaky(on/off). you can set max voltage range so it is more sensitive and you can have some control rather than the near instant max torque. My current BBS02.5(BBS02 with BBSHD controller) build is also very strong and can tug my rear triangle if I am not careful with my throttle. Even being controlled you can feel the power through the suspension. The stock throttle will be peaky no matter what but it will have at least a little bit more sensitivity with those settings.

rtp

Nov 21, 2021
USA
Who was the frame seller/mfgr? Did you send the videos to hear it’s ‘as designed’? ;)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles