Levo SL Gen 1 Fox float X2 seal / reducer kit?

Lago

May 13, 2024
Germany
I got me the Fox Float X2 210x55 for the Levo SL Expert 2020 (Gen1) to replace the DPS Elite damper. When I tried to fit in the new damper I realized that the plastic rings that had been on the DPS before are too thick due to the plastic bushings of the Float X2.

Anyone of you knows which seal / reducer kit I have to order to fit it in perfectly? Would this one work?

It‘s the first damper replacement I do myself so any help is welcome :)

gmoss

Mar 21, 2024
Hickory, NC
Can you post pics of your issue? Can download directly from your phone. The white bushings and the other parts should move straight over to the X2.

Lago

May 13, 2024
Germany
thanks for your help here. Let me try to explain it again and to add some pictures.

The old DPS damper had a metal bushing (not the white plastic rings like the X2) that I couldn't remove. I posted a picture showing:
1. The tube where the screw goes through (not sure what it's called).
2. An outer plastic ring.

The new X2 damper has white plastic bushings. These are different from the metal bushing because they have a small outer ring that sticks out from the damper.

When I insert the tube (1) into the X2 damper, it sticks out a bit and goes beyond the white plastic bushings. When I add the black plastic rings (2) on top, the whole setup becomes too wide and doesn't fit into my Levo bike frame due to the extra space taken up by the white plastic bushings compared to the metal ones from the DPS.

I need to know what size I need for the plastic rings (2) so they fit perfectly in the Levo frame with the white X2 plastic bushings.

I hope this makes sense. I'm not sure if I'm using the correct terms. Thanks for your help!

IMG_3274.jpeg IMG_3275.jpeg

gmoss

Mar 21, 2024
Hickory, NC
The center part should press out. Do you have a vise and somw sockets? Once the center is out, you can remove and move over the black parts to the other shock. Otherwise, if you know what width over all you need, you can go to real world cycling's website and order their bushing kit that will come with verything you need. Aftermarket Mountain & Road Bike Parts | Real World Cycling

But, you will have to press in their bushing. Vise works well enough for this. White bushings come out.

Here is their 40mm bushing kit for my bike. Same shock.
20240518_162019.jpg

Last edited:

Lago

May 13, 2024
Germany
This video was a great help

With the www.lostco.com shock database I could also find the right dimensions of the mounting hardware -> m6 x 20 for the Levo SL Gen1

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles