• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

First e-bike choice

YAMMYKID636

May 13, 2024
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Hello, looking to buy my first e-bike and can’t decide what to order!
I have a budget of roughly £5k and live in North East England . Usually ride trail centres, steep techy off piste stuff with steep drops. Occasionally I’ll do jumps but never the bike jump lines and I’d like to be able to ride it on some longer days out but never anything more than around 40 miles ( I’m pretty fit in general but really just want the ebike to get more descending riding time in )
My current choice in the lineup with pros and cons are Orange Phase factory 27.5 - Strangely I like the looks and has an excellent spec list. Unsure about the shimano ep801 motor and I’d be ordering online with the bike being shipped out to me (winstanleys) so if I have any issues arise it’s more of a pain to sort.
Cube stereo 160 SLT - unreal spec list and has Bosch cx motor and large battery . Again from winstanleys and at the upper end of my budget . Unsure on the quality of cube carbon frames .
Haibike Nduro 8 free ride - Yamaha pwx3 motor, ohlins suspension and can buy at a local shop to myself . Might be abit overkill for a lot of my riding and approx 29/30kg in a size large which I think as around 5kg more than the other 2 bikes will be. However I’m getting a good deal on this and it’s approx £1000 cheaper than the other two! Any help much appreciated! Cheers

Polar

Jun 16, 2023
Norway
Hello, looking to buy my first e-bike and can’t decide what to order!
I have a budget of roughly £5k and live in North East England . Usually ride trail centres, steep techy off piste stuff with steep drops. Occasionally I’ll do jumps but never the bike jump lines and I’d like to be able to ride it on some longer days out but never anything more than around 40 miles ( I’m pretty fit in general but really just want the ebike to get more descending riding time in )
My current choice in the lineup with pros and cons are Orange Phase factory 27.5 - Strangely I like the looks and has an excellent spec list. Unsure about the shimano ep801 motor and I’d be ordering online with the bike being shipped out to me (winstanleys) so if I have any issues arise it’s more of a pain to sort.
Cube stereo 160 SLT - unreal spec list and has Bosch cx motor and large battery . Again from winstanleys and at the upper end of my budget . Unsure on the quality of cube carbon frames .
Haibike Nduro 8 free ride - Yamaha pwx3 motor, ohlins suspension and can buy at a local shop to myself . Might be abit overkill for a lot of my riding and approx 29/30kg in a size large which I think as around 5kg more than the other 2 bikes will be. However I’m getting a good deal on this and it’s approx £1000 cheaper than the other two! Any help much appreciated! Cheers
Surprised not Levo is among your considerations since many of their versions is on sale these days due to overstock.
Bosch CX is good but I would never buy a Shimano.
Just my personal opinion.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles