Feedback needed for custom fs fat geometry

padespoint

Mar 14, 2023
Canada
Hi guys,

I need feedback on, what I hope to be, my one and only bike. My main reason is to combine fat bike with e-mtb.
I wanted to see what a full-suspension e-fat bike will look like if it can fit 27.5x4.5 Cake Eaters mounted on 89mm ID rims.
Geometry is based on my current 2022 Norco Sight VLT (small). I'm 165cm with 74mm~ inseam. T-rex arms.

Chain stay length +51mm to accommodate the massive rim + tire combo.
Head tube length +67.4mm to offset lengthen rear-end since I can't lengthen the reach.
Seat tube length matches top of tire so even when in full compression, you won't buzz your butt.
no name.jpg

*This is the only fat e-bike frame from XACD catalogue with a straight seat tube.
*If you know an OEM frame with almost same fit, please let me know.

My hope is to use this as my all-season sled here in the Canadian Prairies.
Cheers and I appreciate your feedbacks!

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
Why the need for FS ? Just stick to 26" 4.5" tyres and you have all the suspension you need + all the grip you need in the soft terrain ( snow and sand ) where you will be riding it + reasonably short chain stays.

If you want to ride on hard surfaces then why re invent the wheel.

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
As someone that has been on a fat bike in the snow, you want the most stand over you can get in the frame design. Fat bikes are designed to float over the snow, your foot is not. Have to put your foot down for some reason and your foot is suddenly a foot below your tires and the top tube some place you don’t want it to be. If you are snow riding, look to longer chain stays. This allows you to put more weight on the front wheel to spread your weight.

You know Rocky Mountain and Fizzarri make e fat bikes?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles