Fazua Ride60 Assist Profile Talk

cykelk

Subscriber
May 15, 2023
Cascadia
Wasn't sure how to categorize this thread but Controllers felt reasonable. Plus - it's pretty quiet in this corner.

I've seen some discussion about profile customization in bike-specific threads and figured it was worth it's own. Share your bike, settings, and riding style / environment. Just getting started but will share my own thoughts here soon.

deksawyer

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jan 11, 2020
Fife, Scotland
Might be better in the Fazua motors section.... but glad to add some content.

Anyway, here's my current settings in the Haibike Lyke CF11, mainly natural trails, with some bike park style stuff in there. I'm not based in the Highlands, so max elevation is around 450 metres here.

I keep it in Breeze mode most of the time with occasional bursts in River and Rocket when it's steep or I'm tired....

Screenshot_2023-10-04-14-04-56-08_6fe034b66d213069db7e8b3823411fbc~2.jpg Screenshot_2023-10-04-14-04-48-53_6fe034b66d213069db7e8b3823411fbc~2.jpg

cykelk

Subscriber
May 15, 2023
Cascadia
Running with this right now and actually quite liking it. Basic idea is: half my input power in Breeze, match my input power in River, and double my input power in Rocket. Capping at 200W, 250W, and 350W respectively. Not played with acceleration much, all are at 35% or 40%.

IMG_6546.jpeg

Last edited:

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin
This is my preferred profile.

Basically, you can get full power in any setting, but low settings require a lot more effort to get the full power.

Breeze (low) setting requires 350 watts input to get 350 watts assistance.
River (mid) setting requires 225 watts input to get 350 watts assistance.
Rocket (high) setting requires 100 watts input to get 350 watts assistance.

Furthermore, the response level is adjusted in each setting with Breeze feeling completely natural and Rocket feeling the least natural (still not overly jerky).

F60.jpeg

NoMaas

Jul 28, 2023
Fruita, CO
Here are mine:
Same as suns on the power side, recently moved my Rocket mode to ramp up as fast as possible. Everyone talks about utilizing all the different modes for different conditions or tailoring them to their desired effort. I pretty much only ride in rocket or with the battery removed. With battery I just want to go fast; it’s the dirt biker in me I guess. Also learning to use the power better in the tech, had a great time on Arab in Moab yesterday. Lots of punchy little tech moves that rewarded good timing with pedal assisted power.

IMG_4791.png IMG_4794.png

cykelk

Subscriber
May 15, 2023
Cascadia
I've been happy with the settings shared previously. Made some small tweaks to get Rocket mode assist with bit lower effort (350W by 160W input instead of 175W) and dropped the power caps on Breeze and River to 150W and 225W respectively. Part of my motivation for power capping is to ensure those modes get me more range independent of my input.

I also made a profile for "Acoustic" rides where Rocket is my 1:1 mode (rider:motor), River is 1:0.5 and Breeze is 1:0.33. Tested it out yesterday with a buddy and actually did most of the ride without assist (Heckler SL) with bumps into Breeze to take the edge off on steeper sections. Might make sense to go more aggressive on minimal assist for that kind of ride.

Today will go ride some steep climbs with a full-power crew, we'll see how that goes :coffee: So far the versatility of this motor system is really impressive.

Rubinstein

Apr 7, 2022
kent
How did you get on with the full power crew ? I’ve got a demo booked next week on a bike with this system. I’m coming from a 80nm 25kg bike which I never go past half assist on, so I’m intrigued to see how I’ll get on with it

cykelk

Subscriber
May 15, 2023
Cascadia
It went well enough. Ended up just being me and one other, so I wasn't "holding up" a full group. The EP8 is able to pull away handily on steeper climbs, for sure. Based on some of my segment times I'm 15-20% slower on the Fazua.

Rubinstein

Apr 7, 2022
kent
It went well enough. Ended up just being me and one other, so I wasn't "holding up" a full group. The EP8 is able to pull away handily on steeper climbs, for sure. Based on some of my segment times I'm 15-20% slower on the Fazua.
Kushdy, appreciate the info 👍

Rubinstein

Apr 7, 2022
kent
Had a test ride today on a Haibike Lyke 11. Very impressed with the power coming down from my full fat, I’ll be buying tomorrow. Question, bike has the old type control ring. Does anyone know, Is the new one plug and play and is the the control ring hub compatible. Cheers

Rubinstein

Apr 7, 2022
kent

Anyway, here's my current settings in the Haibike Lyke CF11, mainly natural trails, with some bike park style stuff in there. I'm not based in the Highlands, so max elevation is around 450 metres here.

I keep it in Breeze mode most of the time with occasional bursts in River and Rocket when it's steep or I'm tired....

View attachment 126073 View attachment 126074

View attachment 126073 View attachment 126074
Hi, has your Lyke got the updated ring controller ?

deksawyer

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jan 11, 2020
Fife, Scotland
It came as standard. Fazua should send you out the new version if you ask them. I'd wait until you get the bike as it may be already be fitted like mine was...

deksawyer

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jan 11, 2020
Fife, Scotland
Had a test ride today on a Haibike Lyke 11. Very impressed with the power coming down from my full fat, I’ll be buying tomorrow. Question, bike has the old type control ring. Does anyone know, Is the new one plug and play and is the the control ring hub compatible. Cheers
I bought mine from CJ in Newcastle - first class service - they'll even remove the tubes and make it tubeless if you ask them.

Rubinstein

Apr 7, 2022
kent
I bought mine from CJ in Newcastle - first class service - they'll even remove the tubes and make it tubeless if you ask them.

cheers for the info, Doing the order now. I have a dealer 50 mins from my place, went there yesterday. There a Haibike dealer but mainly commuter stuff, so they were not familiar with the ride 60, I had to show them where the usb port was :LOL:
Anyway they were really good, let me test the bike etc, so im shopping there. I did email Fazua yesterday on the controller fitting but haven't heard back yet, cheers. Can you show a pic of your controller ?

Poggs38

Dec 1, 2023
Kent
Hi guys, Just received new bike with Fazua ride 60. Not Ridden yet.
just wondering - these profiles that you can create - I have 3 downloaded to the app which are on the Fazua site. I see you put a dot in the box to select the profile you want and assume that’s it, you don’t do anything else. It just uses that profile? Does this mean I have to have the app running with this profile for every ride I do, or once you have selected a profile, does that stay downloaded to Fazua ride 60 system, until I chose something different?
many thanks, in advance.

cykelk

Subscriber
May 15, 2023
Cascadia
The settings you sync to the bike will persist until you change them, no need to keep the app running.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles