eBike Motor Centre

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Hi all,
I have not posted on here for a while but thought it would be a good time to reconnect again and say ‘hello all’ and share my very recent experience with the eBike Motor Centre (Performance line bearings) with you all so you too ‘if required’ can experience what I just have.

I purchased a 2017 Levo FSR frame, battery and motor off eBay a week ago for a bargain price as the motor was listed as ‘not working‘.

I did my basic investigations when the frame arrived and first proved the battery was good by plugging this straight into my Levo hardtail and all was good. I checked the battery using Blevo and found the health was very good for its age 94% and had in its lifetime a full 48 charges.
I found the motor was unresponsive after replacing the battery to motor cable with a ‘good‘ spare cable I had in stock.
I then proved there was definitely an issue with the motor as I replaced the motor with a ‘good’ spare motor I had in stock 🙂

I contacted Peter and he suggested pushing the ‘walk mode‘ button (If there was one on the frame) as this would make the chainring rotate and confirm power was getting through to the engine. This would also confirm that there was a possible issue with the torque sensor which is apparently a common issue that is not too difficult to resolve. (Great tip Peter)
Unfortunately the chainring did not move and so off it went to the eBike Motor Centre to have it confirmed the motor was toast….. well very soggy toast due to water ingress onto the circuit board and the entire motor needed replacing.

As far as customer service is concerned Peter well and truly exceeded all of my expectations. He went out of his way and went the extra mile to build up a motor replacement option that I was more than happy with.

Huge thank you to Peter @Bearing Man and the eBike Motor Centre team!

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Hi all,
I have not posted on here for a while but thought it would be a good time to reconnect again and say ‘hello all’ and share my very recent experience with the eBike Motor Centre (Performance line bearings) with you all so you too ‘if required’ can experience what I just have.

I purchased a 2017 Levo FSR frame, battery and motor off eBay a week ago for a bargain price as the motor was listed as ‘not working‘.

I did my basic investigations when the frame arrived and first proved the battery was good by plugging this straight into my Levo hardtail and all was good. I checked the battery using Blevo and found the health was very good for its age 94% and had in its lifetime a full 48 charges.
I found the motor was unresponsive after replacing the battery to motor cable with a ‘good‘ spare cable I had in stock.
I then proved there was definitely an issue with the motor as I replaced the motor with a ‘good’ spare motor I had in stock 🙂

I contacted Peter and he suggested pushing the ‘walk mode‘ button (If there was one on the frame) as this would make the chainring rotate and confirm power was getting through to the engine. This would also confirm that there was a possible issue with the torque sensor which is apparently a common issue that is not too difficult to resolve. (Great tip Peter)
Unfortunately the chainring did not move and so off it went to the eBike Motor Centre to have it confirmed the motor was toast….. well very soggy toast due to water ingress onto the circuit board and the entire motor needed replacing.

As far as customer service is concerned Peter well and truly exceeded all of my expectations. He went out of his way and went the extra mile to build up a motor replacement option that I was more than happy with.

Huge thank you to Peter @Bearing Man and the eBike Motor Centre team!
welcome back mate (y)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles