Dual Battery in Bosch Smartsystem 2023

Spiff

Feb 27, 2019
Earth
I thought that it was not possible to connect a DUAL Battery in Smartsystem, but according shop ebike24 Q&A, it is possible.

Has anybody tried it?

Question to EBIKE24
: I have a 2023 ebike with a Bosch Smartsystem 2023 system, Bosch BDU3740 motor and I would like to know if it is possible to connect a DUAL BATTERY, I would put the second battery in a carrying bag in the rear rack, so I do not need to modify the bike frame .

EBIKE24 RESPONSE: Thank you for your question. According to the information provided by Bosch, it is possible to connect a second battery to the motor of the new Smart System. To achieve this, it is necessary to connect the batteries in series (COMMENT: IT IS REALLY IN PARALLEL) using the following products:
I hope this information is useful to you. If you have any additional questions or need more details, please do not hesitate to contact us. You can also send us a message at [email protected] for more information.

Last edited:

Spiff

Feb 27, 2019
Earth
Bosch reponse is that DUAL BATTERY depends on bike manufacturer:

Thank you for contacting Bosch eBike.
Regarding your query, an update will soon be released that will allow the dual battery to be used on Smart System electric bicycles.
To find out if installation or compatibility with your eBike is possible, you must contact the eBike manufacturer/brand.
We hope you find this information useful, please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions or concerns, we will be happy to help you!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles