Cycle to work scheme a non starter

Redbikejohn

Dec 25, 2019
High wycombe
Just recovering from knee surgery so I can finally justify getting an emtb (finally come to terms with the cost lol). Been to a local shop etc then remembered my work does the cycle to work thing. Got the info back today - limited to £3500. Bollox that isn't nearly enough. Seems you are no longer allowed to 'top up' either. Anyone found a way arround this?

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
Just recovering from knee surgery so I can finally justify getting an emtb (finally come to terms with the cost lol). Been to a local shop etc then remembered my work does the cycle to work thing. Got the info back today - limited to £3500. Bollox that isn't nearly enough. Seems you are no longer allowed to 'top up' either. Anyone found a way arround this?

Some shops will look the other way on topping up. Talk to your local shop and see what they say.

The issue with topping up is it makes the ownership complicated, because the bike isn’t owned by you until the scheme has finished and you pay the transfer fee.

Also, c2w only really saves you money if you are in the 40% bracket, otherwise you are probably better off haggling and getting a bike on 0% finance.

Edit: lots of deals on atm, you might find a e-bike for sub 3500.

Redbikejohn

Dec 25, 2019
High wycombe
Was thinking of a haibike altm 7 which is just over 5k from official dealer. Not sure about buying from places that sell them cheaper but are not listed on haibike's site as a dealer.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles