Battery upgrade?

Shane228mtb

Jul 18, 2020
Martinsville, VA
Hey everyone, I just recently bought my very first eMTB. A 2020 Commencal Meta Power 29 Ride with the external battery. Has anyone done or thought of doing the Shimano 630wh battery upgrade. I read on their website that you have to buy the upgraded battery mount to go with it. It supposedly will work with the original 504wh battery as well. Any thoughts on this or whether or not it is worth the hassle? Thanks and have an awesome day.

Paulo Gonçalves

Jul 9, 2020
Oeiras
[QUOTE = "Shane228mtb, postagem: 194750, membro: 11047"]
Olá pessoal, comprei recentemente o meu primeiro eMTB. Uma Meta Power Commencal 2020 29 Ride com a bateria externa. Alguém já fez ou pensou em fazer a atualização da bateria Shimano 630wh. Li no site deles que você precisa comprar o suporte de bateria atualizado para acompanhá-lo. Supostamente também funcionará com a bateria original de 504wh. Alguma opinião sobre isso ou se vale a pena o aborrecimento? Obrigado e tenha um ótimo dia.
[/CITAR]
Boas Amigo onde é que viste isso no site da Commençal ou da Shimano eu tenho uma meta power 29 essencial e gostava de uma bateria de 630 watts Abraço
O que outras pessoas estão dizendo

carlito

Feb 14, 2019
BELGIUM
Did anyone actually rode the Meta Power with the 630Wh battery? Just curious about the handling with that bigger battery ... I'm evaluating the upgrade to 630Wh, that's why.

Strindberg

Sep 24, 2021
Strasbourg, France
A year ago I described step by step the necessary transformation of the battery mounts if we want to upgrade with a 630 Wh.

I am French from Strasbourg, Alsace, but I wrote in German on this German site >>> pictures are enough to do the job.
Please go further in this german thread for my next descriptions.

----------------

But I let my three BT-E8010 die because since November 2019 FIN, SE and NO are since Lockdown 1.0 closed for travelers like me.

That's why I don't have 630 Wh yet and I don't know if these batteries are just as bad as the BT-E8010.

In the meantime I have successfully repaired my E8000.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles