Bafang M560

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Sayonara, you are right with "race" mode behaviour. Like a Bosch.
Just also turning more to side that bafang does not know what is doing and this "feature" is actually a bug. :))

With some firmwares it even get worse (takes longer) with low battery SOC.

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
30A was 1000W version. No more.

What is funny, now it has 19A. M600 has 20A.
How hard is to update M600 with new controller and switch to magnesium body?

HiGrade

Founding Member
Feb 7, 2018
Bay Area, CA
Bafang at China Cycle 2024 Shanghai
441531519_10160506758678173_6344070599408834068_n.jpg
441333546_10160506758708173_4288814763515638154_n.jpg

440854231_10160352750358920_1503983014691998105_n.jpg

IMG-20231210-WA0052.jpg

Last edited:

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
Yesterday I ordered my motor. Earlier today they already shipped it to me. M560 750w with dcp245 and throttle. Greenbikekit was able to get few motor sets from Bafang before their bigger shipment comes in early next month.

Lightcarbon LCE971 frame is already coming to me also. Both should arrive in one to two weeks. Shipped via air.

TeoElFeo

Apr 13, 2022
Tallinn
For those who use m560, how does it feel compared to m510? I have an m510 FC 1.0 and I find it struggles uphill comparing to Bosch or even Shimano. When the cadence starts to drop the amount of support is noticeably reduced. Also torque sensing of the motor lacks sensitivity and is glitchy. How does m560 feel? What if compared to Bosch or Shimano? Also is the stator rotor assembly bigger than of 510? I would assume that will have a positive effect on the motor's torque.

azure

Mar 7, 2024
PL
Its very interesting what are you saying about m510. I wrote in other places of internet that m510 is almost the same as bosch cx4.

TeoElFeo

Apr 13, 2022
Tallinn
I had a Bosch bike and honestly m510 falls behind both in uphill torque as well as refined delivery. Which m510 hardware version do you have? From what I heard the 2.0 version is better than the 1.0 but I haven't had the chance to test. At some point I will dump my m510 and debating whether to take 2.0 or m560. For now it seems like m560 is still somewhat 'raw' but interested to hear from experienced users

azure

Mar 7, 2024
PL
I had a Bosch bike and honestly m510 falls behind both in uphill torque as well as refined delivery. Which m510 hardware version do you have? From what I heard the 2.0 version is better than the 1.0 but I haven't had the chance to test. At some point I will dump my m510 and debating whether to take 2.0 or m560. For now it seems like m560 is still somewhat 'raw' but interested to hear from experienced users
I have just ordered my M510.
I hope it will be good enough, I have bicycles with CX 4gen, so I will have good comparition.
I was focused on M560, but due to 2 reasons I decided for M510: a) i dont wanna b e a beta tester b) I think that I want to build bicycle, not e-motorbike.

TeoElFeo

Apr 13, 2022
Tallinn
Agree with a, but b is too far stretched 🙂 I don't think m560 will get it even close to feeling like a emoto. I have a Talaria Sting and any emtb motor including m620 won't be anywhere near that. And the bike is running stock power, so very mild in motorbike terms. I do wish sometimes though that m510 would perform better on the climbs. I have to push real hard to catch up with Bosch and Shimano and even then I'm falling behind. So it wouldn't hurt if it had more torque really. Perhaps 2.0 has more. Maybe somebody could compare?

Goff

Mar 2, 2023
New Zealand
I have a M510, it had 1.0 but I changed the controller to 2.0, flashed some settings like max acceleration, a Bosch is still quicker up hill, Shimano it’s about the same.
That said I am really happy with the M510, the way it controls the power is as good if not better than anything else, and it’s quiet.

Mara2000

Jan 19, 2024
Czech Republic
For those who use m560, how does it feel compared to m510? I have an m510 FC 1.0 and I find it struggles uphill comparing to Bosch or even Shimano. When the cadence starts to drop the amount of support is noticeably reduced. Also torque sensing of the motor lacks sensitivity and is glitchy. How does m560 feel? What if compared to Bosch or Shimano? Also is the stator rotor assembly bigger than of 510? I would assume that will have a positive effect on the motor's torque.
The M560 is really noticeably stronger compared to the M600 (I have both in the 500W version) for climbing hills and has a better tuned firmware. The only problem is the noise, so we have to wait for the nylon gears....

TeoElFeo

Apr 13, 2022
Tallinn
Honestly personally I don't even consider the noise to be such a big issue. As long as it's strong and power delivery more refined.

azure

Mar 7, 2024
PL
Agree with a, but b is too far stretched 🙂 I don't think m560 will get it even close to feeling like a emoto. I have a Talaria Sting and any emtb motor including m620 won't be anywhere near that. And the bike is running stock power, so very mild in motorbike terms. I do wish sometimes though that m510 would perform better on the climbs. I have to push real hard to catch up with Bosch and Shimano and even then I'm falling behind. So it wouldn't hurt if it had more torque really. Perhaps 2.0 has more. Maybe somebody could compare?
Not too far stretched, it was intentionally exaggerated.
I think that about 100Nm in bicycle should be totally enough for normal use. If someone is going to use this bicycle only in mountains maybe extra 40Nm will be usefull. We will see.

TeoElFeo

Apr 13, 2022
Tallinn
Thx for this screenshoot. It shows that M510 is not worse than CX, good to know, because my M510 is flying to me :)
I don't know if this screenshot proves anything, really. Just ride 2 motors and feel the difference. Bosch is noticeably more powerful when going uphill. M510 is just bogging down. No matter what the lab tests say. In my opinion m510 is still a decent motor with some advantages like easy dieestriction and good repairability, but it definitely lacks performance

azure

Mar 7, 2024
PL
I don't know if this screenshot proves anything, really. Just ride 2 motors and feel the difference. Bosch is noticeably more powerful when going uphill. M510 is just bogging down. No matter what the lab tests say. In my opinion m510 is still a decent motor with some advantages like easy dieestriction and good repairability, but it definitely lacks performance
but... it is not lab test I think, it is test two different bikes done on this same track (we do not know if the rider was the same person, but I assume that it is).
If the M510 (FC2.0) was weaker than CX the transit time would be longer for M510... It is a simple relationship.
I will have chance to compare this two motors soon.

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Yes, it was same person, he went his favourite trail. That difference you see in time is also a difference in average motor power on the track. Some guy from USA did shared this on FB group.

TeoElFeo

Apr 13, 2022
Tallinn
There are many variables that are unknown in this test such as: which tyres did the bikes run, how strong was the wind and in which direction, was it exactly the same route? Then why is there distance difference? You can't just take a screenshot of some random guy and say that because average speed on m510 was higher then average power is higher. We know nothing about this test and how it was carried out, so we can't make any conclusions. What I do know for a fact that Bosch performs better uphill. I've owned bikes with both motors and difference is noticeable and not just by me.

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
I’m really interested in the new Frey Dop 2.0 but am a little worried about whether they’ll have the latest version of the M560 in there or not. Probably safest to just wait a little bit for stock to move through.

Also wondering if it’ll be tunable like a regular M560 or if Frey has it somehow locked down at all, they talk about this special programming they did working with Bafang. There seems to be no real world reviews on the bike at all, it fits the bill perfectly for what I’ve been looking for, but I always hate being a test dummy on such an expensive purchase.

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
Is anyone aware if there is a way to temporarily set a speed limit lower than it has been set by the motor seller?

I'm asking because this stupid new EU law. I would be interested in setting the speed limit to 25 km/h while in public areas and unlimited when off roading etc.

_gregor

Mar 16, 2024
Poland
Is anyone aware if there is a way to temporarily set a speed limit lower than it has been set by the motor seller?

I'm asking because this stupid new EU law. I would be interested in setting the speed limit to 25 km/h while in public areas and unlimited when off roading etc.
K1 speedbox?

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
K1 speedbox?
K1 speedbox 3.1. I think they are only used to override the speed limit set by the motor. They can not lower the speed limit.

I worry only way to do it is with besst tool and have manufacturer level account. But even if that worked I would still need to connect to computer every time I wish to change it.

Was hoping to find a solution as easy as earlier bafang motors like bbs02b or bbshd where you could change the limit just with the screen.

_gregor

Mar 16, 2024
Poland
K1 speedbox 3.1. I think they are only used to override the speed limit set by the motor. They can not lower the speed limit.

I worry only way to do it is with besst tool and have manufacturer level account. But even if that worked I would still need to connect to computer every time I wish to change it.

Was hoping to find a solution as easy as earlier bafang motors like bbs02b or bbshd where you could change the limit just with the screen.
Yeah, I can do this with my m620 uart version and eggrider.
You can set speed limit as you wish by besst (not besst pro) with bafang engineer account. Have done that with my m560 already.
IMG20240313211624.jpg

IMG20240314184116.jpg

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
Yeah, I can do this with my m620 uart version and eggrider.
You can set speed limit as you wish by besst (not besst pro) with bafang engineer account. Have done that with my m560 already.
View attachment 141267
View attachment 141268

Yeah. Was just hoping to have the option to set the speed limit directly on the bike. Alot of work to do it via besst tool everytime.. Because I also commute with the bike so the best option is to change the speed limit via the screen. I would have to do it almost daily.

Edit: or would have been cool if the change would be possible with phone instead of computer.

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
Has anyone gotten ahold of the updated version yet? Changzhou Fieldebikes has a listing that says “2024 May New Release” on it, when I asked about the changes they said Bafang “fixed the noise issue” by “modifying the shape of the gear”. Maybe switched to a helical gear?

I’m hopeful it’s quieter now but also don’t want to be a guinea pig to be the first to find out.

Edit: It also claims to be 750w so I’m assuming this must be the first of the new ones everyone has been expecting them to formally launch at the bike show in July.

Last edited:

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
Has anyone gotten ahold of the updated version yet? Changzhou Fieldebikes has a listing that says “2024 May New Release” on it, when I asked about the changes they said Bafang “fixed the noise issue” by “modifying the shape of the gear”. Maybe switched to a helical gear?

I’m hopeful it’s quieter now but also don’t want to be a guinea pig to be the first to find out.

Edit: It also claims to be 750w so I’m assuming this must be the first of the new ones everyone has been expecting them to formally launch at the bike show in July.
The motor above by gregor should be the new one. My motor should be the new one also. Should arrive this or next week.

As far as I know they only changed the gears shape slightly. From the videos people have posted and like gregor has said the noise is not a problem.

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
The motor above by gregor should be the new one. My motor should be the new one also. Should arrive this or next week.

As far as I know they only changed the gears shape slightly. From the videos people have posted and like gregor has said the noise is not a problem.
Guess I have old news then, glad to hear some of these have already shown improvement. I guess I have no excuse not to pull the trigger on a new build then.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles