Anyone running PINND cranks?

ilostmypassword

Apr 5, 2022
New Zealand
My Praxxis cranks are a bit bent after a few crashes and to be honest at 165mm they drag on the ground :D I'm looking for a replacement and considering a 145mm PINND crank from the UK. Is anyone running these? What are your thoughts on them?

Cheers

Last edited:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
If you just want to try super short, I ended up running Indy ISIS Freestyle Splined Cranks on the Kenevo for 2 years, these are Unicycle cranks ! They seem strong as hell - though don't look flash. They were cheap though, mine were £15, which doesn't seem so bad if you end up not liking them.

I also ordered "Self-Extracting Splined Crank Bolts Pair M15" - but they're still sitting in a box, so I guess I didn't need them.

And yes, they do feel like tiny little clown cranks at that length for the first 5 minutes, but after that you adjust and they feel normal.

RiderOnTheStorm

Very interested in these self-extracting PINND cranks as well. I saw they have them in 155mm and 145mm.

Still debating about the length though. Coming from 165/160mm, 155mm seems to be the sweet spot compared to 145mm.

Meaning, with 155mm I wouldn't have to reduce my current chainring size which is generally required when going with extra short cranks like 145mm. This would be impacting my gear ratio.

Also, 155mm would have minimal impact on saddle and steering bars height. Going with 145mm would require more adjustments and possibly a stem or handlebar replacement (to align with higher saddle height).

Last edited:

Mamba90

May 19, 2023
Wirral
I recently replaced the 165mm cranks that came with my bike for 155mm Pinnd. Yesterday was the first proper test insofar as there was more technical climbing and narrow rutty trails. They performed brilliantly. Barely a pedal strike for whole ride. I noticed no difference in performance when pedalling. Buy them.

ilostmypassword

Apr 5, 2022
New Zealand
I recently replaced the 165mm cranks that came with my bike for 155mm Pinnd. Yesterday was the first proper test insofar as there was more technical climbing and narrow rutty trails. They performed brilliantly. Barely a pedal strike for whole ride. I noticed no difference in performance when pedalling. Buy them.
Great! My goal is the 145mm and some thinner flats.

EMTB Dude

Nov 16, 2021
West Yorkshire
I was having a few pedal strikes with my 165mm Haibike cranks so wanted to go shorter as my bike has a fairly low bottom bracket (330mm). My inside leg measures 29.5 inches. I fitted a pair of PINND 155mm cranks to my Bosch Gen 4 last week and it felt like it was slightly harder to pedal so I changed my 36t chainring to a 34t. I have done three 30 mile x 3000ft ascent rides now and although I feel like I am spinning faster, I think the acceleration is better and don’t feel as tired at the end of a ride.
Shorter cranks are working well for me with no downsides and the Cranks are excellent quality.
Glad I made the change!

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
That's interesting changing to shorter cranks and smaller chainwheel. There'll be a formula somewhere between pedalling circumference and chainwheel circumference. Circumference is Pi*diameter so since Pi is a constant it can be ignored.

Last edited:

Dhd12

Subscriber
Aug 27, 2023
Almería (Provincia)
I pulled the plug too. Got some natural 155 on the way. Let’s hope the import duty to Spain is kind to me
So the cranks arrived after five weeks and a €97 import bill. They certainly look very well made. No ride yet.

IMG_1841.jpeg

Dhd12

Subscriber
Aug 27, 2023
Almería (Provincia)
Nice! Was thinking of going for these for Heckler - is that what you have? Do you have any more pics of the silver cranks with the avacado green heckler?
It’s not a Heckler bud. It’s a Canyon Spectrol:On but here you go 😎
Virtually eliminated pedal strikes since fitting. 155mm

IMG_1893.jpeg IMG_1892.jpeg IMG_1891.jpeg IMG_1890.jpeg IMG_1889.jpeg

Last edited:

Mrj35

Sep 29, 2023
canada
they sell 135mm cranks. I like there description 😅
1707265460810.png

Clarke

Oct 26, 2023
Bedfordshire
All the calculators say I should be on 155mm but I want 145mm for the extra clearance.
More feedback from 145 users pleassssssse

N16BS

May 15, 2021
Poland
I have one easy 20km ride on mine 145mm. Coming from 165mm. Places where I was pausing pedaling to not hit a root or rock become a non-issue. Also, it become easier to pedal up steep step-ups on Turbo without the front lifting and messing everything.

No negatives so far. It feels unusual to spin around the smaller circle, but it is easy to ignore.

1714749874401.jpeg

trailrunnerx

Nov 20, 2020
Squamish, BC
All the calculators say I should be on 155mm but I want 145mm for the extra clearance.
More feedback from 145 users pleassssssse
I have about 100-150km on my 145mm PINND. The cranks are great quality and I haven't had a single hit since installing them. My bike is a lower torque (50NM) e-bike so I do have to pedal at a higher cadence to maintain speed.
Overall, I like them

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles