Anyone aware of some e bike friendly trails near Stanley Idaho?

bluemtrider

Oct 14, 2019
Oregon, USA
peopleforbikes.org has an emtb section with a map showing trails that are open to emtbs. Helped me a lot last year in Utah & Colorado. I'll be heading to the Stanley area later this fall as it looks like some good trails there. eMountain Biking Map

turn_one

Nov 29, 2019
WA state USA
There are tons of motorized single track trails in that area. Bill Dart maps will point you towards them if you'd like a hard copy. ID has an interactive page that allows you to select single track trails for the entire state. Great tool if you're wanting a take along soft copy.

Seraye

Sep 8, 2020
Portland
Headed there for a week....and as your all aware figuring out where we can ride these bikes in the US is a nightmare...
I know this may be too late but Trailforks will show you which trails are emtb legal.
928D8256-532F-4616-A1EF-5C6B7854C90C.jpeg

JimBo

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
Jan 3, 2019
Western MA, USA
I know this may be too late but Trailforks will show you which trails are emtb legal.
So far I've found a few trail systems in my "region" that appear on Trailforks and allow eMTBs, though Tf says they do not.
All are private land - I found out simply by calling and asking (none of the places' websites mention eMTBs - yet).
  • Ausable Chasm Campground in NY (pay to ride)
  • Northfield Mtn in MA (free- owned by utility co)
  • Retreat Farm in VT (free- donations suggested)
I've tried to get Tf to adjust their listings for these three, but haven't seen any updates yet. I think they have to hear from the land owners or managers, and I doubt Tf, who seem to be slightly biased against eMTBs in the US, is motivated to track down and verify...

Just sayin' - sometimes it's worth calling or emailing and asking. If the land manager(s) are unsure, you could offer to let them try your pedal assist bike to see that it's actually a bicycle, not worthy of "banning" despite all the oppositional NOISE.

1600881430964.png

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles