Another Rise H10 with my personal impressions

ZXR_Power

Jul 3, 2023
Germany
Hi there, new to this forum I discovered many stuff considering Orbea‘s Rise.
This year I bought my first ebike. An Orbea Rise H10. I thought I should share my impressions of this bike with you. Maybe this is helpful for everyone who‘s thinking about purchasing a Rise.

Here it is. Size M.

IMG_5239.jpeg

A very nice bike. The weight is simply blown away once you‘re riding it. A very agile and handy bike. I love it on my home trails. So much fun and it‘s rolling really fast at 29“ wheels.
I modified some things immediately after purchasing the bike:

• Tubeless setup
  • Minion DHF 2,5 at the front
  • 203 Galfer rotor at the front
  • Hope AM stem 50mm
  • Renthal fatbar carbon riser bar
  • Carbon spacers and modified Orbea holder for iPhone at the stem
  • Granite stash tool in the steerer tube
  • SQlab 611 active saddle
  • Deore 6120 calipers modded with screws instead of splints
  • Brake pads with cooling fins
  • Mudhugger at the front
  • Sicomtb fender at the rear
  • Clear thick urethan protection tape on main frame parts
  • Protection rubber pad at the lower linkage
  • Hope F20 pedals
Here are some details:

IMG_5316.jpeg

IMG_5317.jpeg

IMG_5215.jpeg

IMG_5206.jpeg

IMG_5218.jpeg

IMG_5219.jpeg

IMG_5214.jpeg

So far, so good.
This bike provides a lot of fun. EP801RS rattles but I knew this before my purchase.

The bad news:
After 642km the bike makes a squeaking noise. I narrowed it down to the linkage parts. I guess next I will have to do an upper linkage service with Loctite 638. Very annoying for a brandnew bike!
My Santacruz Nomad needed a linkage service only once since 2016 and lot of riding. Over all the Rise is more difficult considering maintenance.

ZXR_Power

Jul 3, 2023
Germany
Update:
Now after 700km of riding the bike makes a noise with every pedal stroke. So annoying!

Just finished an upper linkage service like @Rod B. described in his very helpful article.
I found Orbea didn‘t use any Loctite for additional fixing the splines. But after assembly the squeaking noise did not disappear. I‘m pi**** of.

When I‘m standing behind the bike clamping the rear wheel with my legs and twisting the frame left and right holding it at the seat tube it makes a „knack“. Tried to to remove the dropper completely out of the frame. Still „knack“.
IMOP only left cause maybe the lower link. Buf still have to wait for tools. Otherwise I can‘t remove the chainring.
That sucks.
A bike which makes so much fun riding it. Brandnew and noisy. Drives me crazy.

IMG_5319.jpeg

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles