Wow. What a great bike

bonescro

Feb 20, 2022
Pensacola, Florida
By a miracle, my Kenevo SL arrived at the LBS ten days early. I was in shock when I received the phone call. When I picked it up I was thinking that, if it rode as nicely as it looked, I'd be in for a great time. So, yesterday, I took it out for its inaugural ride. My point of reference was my previous bike, a 2021 Pivot Mach 5.5 Pro XT/XTR.

I started out by going down and up a hill just off the trailhead. On the way up I hit Turbo Mode. While I thought that was cool, I did not like it much. So, I went to Trail Mode and that was fine. The first main loop is a quick one-mile easy ride. Great warmup. After that loop I lowered the assistance from 60% to 40%. I kept it there for the remainder of the ride.

It handles a lot like the Pivot, which pleases me. It is PLANTED, yet remains nimble. The climbs were great and felt very natural. I have traction for days, which is saying a lot, because the Pivot was quite sticky. I still have to get used to the 29s, but that will come quickly. As I gain more confidence it will get better. As it was, I was chucking the bike into turns and features. Sand, a big part of Florida trails, was zero issue.

I rode 14.4 miles (vs. around 10 miles analog) and am feeling it. My legs are tired and sore, and I know I got a great workout. Today I plan to do 15 or so at a different trail system, which is admittedly easier. And, I have already made plans to do two post-work rides this week, which was nearly impossible with my 'on my feet for eight hours' job, but now is doable with my new machine. The main thing is the fatigue that I normally have from Rheumatoid Arthritis was not much of a factor. My knees didn't bother me, and my ankle is fine. I received full support from my riding buddies. They're all excited for me.

This bike is everything I'd hoped it would be, and more.

I promised to give myself until July 1st before I decided what to do with my Pivot. It's worth too much just to keep hanging around my house, and I do not want it to collect dust. If I had to decide right now, I would never look back.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Might as well sell it now 😁
I donated my whyte T130rs to my son who is at Uni ..but the bike is still at home ..spent £300.00 making sure it was right and have had lots of opportunity to ride it ..if I had the inclination ..
I view it as an antique..absolutely zero interest in riding it since I got my ebike ..😁

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Yep. Today was my second ride on it, at my second-favorite trail system. I did a personal best. Haha.

I have several people inquiring about my Pivot.
It should be an easy sell.
Don't give it away! Show some restraint, after all it used to be your pride and joy. :love:

But two weeks after it has been sold, you won't even think about it!

May 4, 2018
Canberra
By a miracle, my Kenevo SL arrived at the LBS ten days early. I was in shock when I received the phone call. When I picked it up I was thinking that, if it rode as nicely as it looked, I'd be in for a great time. So, yesterday, I took it out for its inaugural ride. My point of reference was my previous bike, a 2021 Pivot Mach 5.5 Pro XT/XTR.

I started out by going down and up a hill just off the trailhead. On the way up I hit Turbo Mode. While I thought that was cool, I did not like it much. So, I went to Trail Mode and that was fine. The first main loop is a quick one-mile easy ride. Great warmup. After that loop I lowered the assistance from 60% to 40%. I kept it there for the remainder of the ride.

It handles a lot like the Pivot, which pleases me. It is PLANTED, yet remains nimble. The climbs were great and felt very natural. I have traction for days, which is saying a lot, because the Pivot was quite sticky. I still have to get used to the 29s, but that will come quickly. As I gain more confidence it will get better. As it was, I was chucking the bike into turns and features. Sand, a big part of Florida trails, was zero issue.

I rode 14.4 miles (vs. around 10 miles analog) and am feeling it. My legs are tired and sore, and I know I got a great workout. Today I plan to do 15 or so at a different trail system, which is admittedly easier. And, I have already made plans to do two post-work rides this week, which was nearly impossible with my 'on my feet for eight hours' job, but now is doable with my new machine. The main thing is the fatigue that I normally have from Rheumatoid Arthritis was not much of a factor. My knees didn't bother me, and my ankle is fine. I received full support from my riding buddies. They're all excited for me.

This bike is everything I'd hoped it would be, and more.

I promised to give myself until July 1st before I decided what to do with my Pivot. It's worth too much just to keep hanging around my house, and I do not want it to collect dust. If I had to decide right now, I would never look back.
I told myself i would ride my analogue every 3rd ride or so.... never happened... though i do still keep it for doing soft urban rides with wifey.

Last edited:

bonescro

Feb 20, 2022
Pensacola, Florida
I have a perfectly good (old) carbon bike that I can use as a backup bike. Plus, I have my Trek Sport Carbon 6 to ride. And, if the Pivot never sells, I'll just keep it for whatever. A really nice bike for a friend who is trying the sport out. Or, for my friends who can now fly here instead of drive, because they'll have a sweet bike to use. My Pivot is gonna be a whore. Haha

On an unrelated note, after two weekends, and two weekday night rides, based on how my body feels, I have determined that, since I ride further, more often, and faster, I'm riding harder than I did on the Pivot. My muscles are just as sore, if not more. The thing is, my joints and my inflammation, are at an all-time low. With Rheumatoid Arthritis, the best thing you can do is move. So, riding my new mountain bike is the best thing for me. Four outings in one week is rare. After work (I'm basically on my feet for eight hours), I'm usually beat. I ride the recliner. Now, I ride my Kenevo SL.

bonescro

Feb 20, 2022
Pensacola, Florida
Eight trail rides in two weeks. That's gotta be some kind of record. I wanted to keep the streak going, but today's 40 degrees and 25-40 mph winds made me listen to the Voice Of Reason. The road bike and the trainer get my attention this weekend. Back on the KSL during the week.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles