Wild FS dry bearing noise coming from motor area

fenwick458

Oct 6, 2020
Cumbria
whilst out today I noticed a horrible squeal / high pitched noise about 20km into my ride so I stopped, as it happens noticed 2/4 chainring bolts were just about to drop out they were so lose but I don't think that was related to the noise. tightened them up and carried on and the noise had gone. it then returned a few miles later, then was on and off all the way home. it did it when pedalling, motor on or off.
got home, and I've given the bike a thorough clean, degreased the whole drivetrain, just as I finished I had it on the stand and I pedalled the bike and the noise was still there. so I thought great I'll drop the chain off after I have something to eat and see if I can narrow it down.
well after my lunch It had stopped doing it. I've tried it several times later, its silent. if i take the chain off it's completely silent.

further investigation tomorrow....

whats the recommended interval for a bottom bracket? bike is 3 months old, 700km ish on the clock

DaveG68

Oct 17, 2020
Stroud
Seen a few commenst similar to this in the 'We are Orbea Wild FS' gropup on FB. You will likely get more help there on mech topics, search works really well in that group. Ther are a few cases like yours that seem to be caused by the chainring of all things.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles