Whyte E160RS (2022) - Possible MX conversion?

quedwards

Jan 4, 2023
Cardiff
Hi all,

I currently have a Whyte E160RS, it's 27.5" all around with 160mm front travel.

I have an mullet enduro bike and when I get back on my e bike the front wheel feels tiny.

My question is: Could/should I install a 29" 150mm fork and run the Whyte shapeit link in the low position? And does anyone who's good at this stuff know how that would effect the geometry.

Has anyone done this with theirs?

I have a spare 29er fork so I could always test it. Just wondering if anyone has any opinions. Appreciate it was designed as a 27.5 bike, so it's probably best to leave as is but I am curious.

Cheers for any advice.

Hobo Mikey

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 22, 2020
Where ever
If you go on the Whyte website they are very helpful with tech questions like this. My view is it was built as 27.5 so is best left like that. 👍

quedwards

Jan 4, 2023
Cardiff
If you go on the Whyte website they are very helpful with tech questions like this. My view is it was built as 27.5 so is best left like that. 👍
Thanks, I agree Whyte have always been great when I've had tech questions.

I did email Whyte but they said unfortunately they can't comment on anything outside of the original design specifications. Fair enough.

Maxb

Patreon
Nov 29, 2018
South East England
Hi I have done this with my E150 I changed to a 29 front with the shape it link to bring back down the bb height, it worked well definitely no regrets with the mx conversion.

max

quedwards

Jan 4, 2023
Cardiff
Hi I have done this with my E150 I changed to a 29 front with the shape it link to bring back down the bb height, it worked well definitely no regrets with the mx conversion.

max
Cheers max. Do you know what the change in head angle was?

What travel 29er fork did you use?

Maxb

Patreon
Nov 29, 2018
South East England
I kept the bike at 150mm on the front I have not measured the head angle but from memory with the shape it link in the low position it raised the bb by around 4 mm.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles