Why I purchased another E-Bike from Specialized

Aug 6, 2019
australia
Hello,

Long time E bike rider. I purchase a Kenevo in Oct 2019 with the 2.1 motor. the motor was replaced 6 times and I am still riding it. During that time I also purchased a Rocky mountain power play instinct 2021.
I sold my Power play, to buy the 2022 Levo Alloy because of the Shuttle mode.
in order of importance
Shuttle mode
warranty
the extra 700w battery and the discount Specialized is offering this month in Australia

I have been riding the new Levo for 5 days, my opinion is the motor is different\better and a bit less noisy. Also the geometry (size S2) is great for trail riding, fun, easy to move around.
I love my new Levo.
The bike doesn't have the head tube cups to change the angle, hence I am disappointed.

cheers

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
I can't notice any difference between shuttle and turbo mode. Am I missing something?

I can also never be bothered to turn it on as it means getting the phone out!

Aug 6, 2019
australia
I can't notice any difference between shuttle and turbo mode. Am I missing something?

I can also never be bothered to turn it on as it means getting the phone out!
you set it up and forget about it. Shuttle mode is when you press the pedal and the motor does the rest. Is like giving a time off to your legs on the way up. Set the shuttle mode to 100%

Armor11

Dec 26, 2022
BC, Canada
I have been riding the new Levo for 5 days, my opinion is the motor is different\better and a bit less noisy. Also the geometry (size S2) is great for trail riding, fun, easy to move around.
I love my new Levo.
The bike doesn't have the head tube cups to change the angle, hence I am disappointed.

cheers
The cups to change the head angle should have been in the case with the charger and manual. It says in the manual that they are included, I'd go ask for them!

Aug 6, 2019
australia
Isin't shuttle mode the same as putting it into Turbo except you have to get your phone out to do it?
you open the app, you can turn it on and slide how much assistance . see pictures below
1680157623150.png

1680157665611.png

Aug 6, 2019
australia
after 4 i was like wtf...now it sits in the corner unloved
not sure if i could ever get a spec again regardless of how well it rides
i hope this one works out for you
same , wtf but the warranty helped and the 2nd ebike kept me going while the shop sort out the warranty. Yes i hope the new 2.2 motor is better.

Gassa158

Oct 25, 2019
Mid wales
Had levo 3 years now, 6000+ miles and never used shuttle once! Feels exact same as turbo on 100/100 so never felt the need 🤷🏻‍♂️

cappuccino34

Nov 24, 2020
Helmshore
Hello,

Long time E bike rider. I purchase a Kenevo in Oct 2019 with the 2.1 motor. the motor was replaced 6 times and I am still riding it. During that time I also purchased a Rocky mountain power play instinct 2021.
I sold my Power play, to buy the 2022 Levo Alloy because of the Shuttle mode.
in order of importance
Shuttle mode
warranty
the extra 700w battery and the discount Specialized is offering this month in Australia

I love my new Levo.

cheers
Some people like getting tied up and whipped.

It doesn't appeal to me though if I'm honest, along with a bike that's broken half of the time.
After having a load of bother with something, few would buy another one.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles