$8899

B1rdie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
We are all different
A non removable battery is a win for me
No rattles or sub standard mountings (y)
to each one, its own...
Just as a note, I have never had those problems with 10 k kilometers on the shimano external old times battery, nor in 5k km with the integrated bosch battery on the cube.
On the other side, if yout ever intend to travel, or take part on long rides that demand an extra battery, having a removable battery will be a must.

Paulquattro

E*POWAH Elite
May 7, 2020
The Darkside
to each one, its own...
Just as a note, I have never had those problems with 10 k kilometers on the shimano external old times battery, nor in 5k km with the integrated bosch battery on the cube.
On the other side, if yout ever intend to travel, or take part on long rides that demand an extra battery, having a removable battery will be a must.
Well Just as a note , out of the 6 emtbs ive had 2 shimano 4 bosch they have all rattled one way or another or give me grief at some point with the removable mounting systems because of the weight of the batteries on landings rough ground etc over time
And by the time i have done 2500m of climbing in a day on one battery its time to go home for me anyway
and on the extended ride note we have such things as extra plug in batteries these day you know (y)

B1rdie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
Well Just as a note , out of the 6 emtbs ive had 2 shimano 4 bosch they have all rattled one way or another or give me grief at some point with the removable mounting systems because of the weight of the batteries on landings rough ground etc over time
And by the time i have done 2500m of climbing in a day on one battery its time to go home for me anyway
and on the extended ride note we have such things as extra plug in batteries these day you know (y)
good on you

Tony4wd

Subscriber
Aug 3, 2022
Australia
The EP801 is a little more powerful than the Bosch CX4 according to reviews and the CX4 is poorly sealed against water ingress.
The CX4 (600w motor) is significantly more powerful than the EP8 (500w motor) but the EP801 has been increased to 600w and is supposed to have slightly more torque than the CX4.

The CX4 is about to be superseded by a new Bosch motor too (which might mean there will be some good deals on CX4 powered bikes)

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
For me with that spec, Mondraker for the win 750wh battery, factory suspension, bosch motor. Except it doesn't have a removable battery?

If that is that case... none for the win. I would keep looking.

My personal spec is 750wh min, i need a removable mattery for charging and sending bikes/batteries around the country separately, plus i dont do anything less than factory suspension the fox range.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles