Which Garmin?

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
I’ve got an Edge 1000 and use the Specialized app. It works fine. There’s another ebike app which is also good. Mines a 2017 but seen the same setup on a 2019.

All I will say is you need to cable tie the device to the holder. It’s come off three times during a gentle stack and each time I’ve wasted 30-40 mins going back to get it after I’ve realised it’s missing. I don’t use it now for that reason. It’s ok for XC but if you want to chuck the bike around a bit, in my experience, it is a bit vulnerable.

deanphoto

Dec 14, 2018
UK
I’ve got an Edge 1000 and use the Specialized app. It works fine. There’s another ebike app which is also good. Mines a 2017 but seen the same setup on a 2019.

All I will say is you need to cable tie the device to the holder. It’s come off three times during a gentle stack and each time I’ve wasted 30-40 mins going back to get it after I’ve realised it’s missing. I don’t use it now for that reason. It’s ok for XC but if you want to chuck the bike around a bit, in my experience, it is a bit vulnerable.

I've just ordered a Garmin watch for this very reason, never been a fan of having things mounted on the top of the cockpit. I think the Mission Control app is a little hit and miss with the watches but BLevo appears to work with all the watches.

khorn

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark

That is strange, I run a 1030 on my Levo and to be honest I have had some very spectacular crashes without ever seeing a Garmin Edge flying off. I have had Garmin Edge for the last 7 years starting when the 700 was brand new. I have always used the stock Garmin mount and always located the computer over the stem in order to stay protected when crashing.

I find the Specialized app for Garmin utterly useless as it always take forever to connect if it connects at all during a ride, it is basically symptomatic for all Specialized software to be extremely poorly programmed.

Karsten

eabmex

Patreon
Jun 8, 2018
Guadalajara, Mexico
I use a Garmin explore 1000, with the 19 Levo it will recognize the bike as a sensor and add a screen showing battery level, speed and assistance in five levels (The bike has only 3 plus off).
Other route is setting up the fake Chanel to be able to see the remaining battery as a regular data field.
I use ebike field which can combine battery level and assistant mode in a single data field. If you go for the pay version you will get a report on garmin connect showing the assistance level changes as well as battery use.
One thing I have not been able to do is get cadence information to the Edge from the bike.
Also, the screen (at least in my model) is quite weak, I broke the first one in a OTB Fall so I think it was justified, but the second one was damaged when I hit it with my chin in a decent that went almost wrong (Not a big hit at all)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles