Which computer for the Turbo Levo?

Stumpy

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
Garmin 520 or Wahoo Bolt? - that's the question....

I've read good things about both and there is little to choose between the two - I've seen a few posts on the forum about both but again, nothing conclusive.

So... I thought I'd ask you guys for your real life experiences and recommendations!

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I've only used the Wahoo bolt, but I purchased it for its neat, small size, easy to use software and excellent reviews. I do hope that they add more Levo functionality and @Cyclejunkie has contacted them, they've pretty much said that Levo / Ebike support is in their roadmap.

npatrix

May 22, 2018
Joburg, South Africa

I've read good things about both and there is little to choose between the two - I've seen a few posts on the forum about both but again, nothing conclusive.

So... I thought I'd ask you guys for your real life experiences and recommendations!
Go all in :), you won't go wrong with the Edge 1030... I had the Edge 520 and is too small the screen, much happier with 1030 (Garmin as really nice apps, like specialized levo).
If you don't want to spend that much, go with with the Bolt, has great visibility, I had an ELEMNT and was a good computer.

For more detail check www.dcrainmaker.com he has a great reviews on all this devices

Cyclejunkie

Founding Member
Mar 27, 2018
Deal Kent

Morning I’d go for the wahoo bolt I’ve had mine coming up for a year now after always using Garmin devices had a couple of problems with my Garmin Edge 520 after only having it for about 9 months in the end wiggle just gave me my money back & I brought the wahoo bolt & cant praise it enough the route planning is excellent weather you use the Element App (when you route plan from the app it uses Strava most popular routes & segments) very clever or as I do the Strava Webb page, nice page lay out also much the same as the Garmin where you customize your pages nice feature I like you can scroll down and the page font size gets bigger,lots of general pluses for me too many to go into.....if you have any questions I will gladly answer them if I can...enjoy which ever divice you go for ??

Stumpy

Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
Morning I’d go for the wahoo bolt I’ve had mine coming up for a year now after always using Garmin devices had a couple of problems with my Garmin Edge 520 after only having it for about 9 months in the end wiggle just gave me my money back & I brought the wahoo bolt & cant praise it enough the route planning is excellent weather you use the Element App (when you route plan from the app it uses Strava most popular routes & segments) very clever or as I do the Strava Webb page, nice page lay out also much the same as the Garmin where you customize your pages nice feature I like you can scroll down and the page font size gets bigger,lots of general pluses for me too many to go into.....if you have any questions I will gladly answer them if I can...enjoy which ever divice you go for ??

Great info and very much appreciate the offer of further help! - Like you, I'm also keen to see how Wahoo develop the product to get the most out of the Levo motor.

Wahoo winning 2-1 at the moment!

JayB

Apr 7, 2018
South Carolina, USA
@Rob Hancill & @Cyclejunkie Just received my 2018 Turbo Levo S-Works this week. I bought a Wahoo Bolt as my ride computer. Will you pls help me understand which, if any, data I can pull from the Levo to the Bolt. I thought I read that Battery level was avail... Also, if you can point me to more info or another thread regarding getting this info on the bolt display (custom page?), it would be much appreciated. I may also use my iPhone running the Mission Control app, just not sure if I will keep it in my pocket or mounted.

I have been reading all the posts as I can, and i want to thank you Rob for setting up this forum. Hopefully I will be able to contribute more in the future.

Thanks! Jay

Stumpy

Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
Congratulations on the ride Jay - I’ve been the proud owner of mine for just over a week and absolutely love mine!

Cyclejunkie

Founding Member
Mar 27, 2018
Deal Kent
@Rob Hancill & @Cyclejunkie Just received my 2018 Turbo Levo S-Works this week. I bought a Wahoo Bolt as my ride computer. Will you pls help me understand which, if any, data I can pull from the Levo to the Bolt. I thought I read that Battery level was avail... Also, if you can point me to more info or another thread regarding getting this info on the bolt display (custom page?), it would be much appreciated. I may also use my iPhone running the Mission Control app, just not sure if I will keep it in my pocket or mounted.

I have been reading all the posts as I can, and i want to thank you Rob for setting up this forum. Hopefully I will be able to contribute more in the future.

Thanks! Jay
Hi jay at the moment you can only get the battery status on the bolt by using the FAKE channel on the Mission Control App then use the cadence option on the wahoo app then your get the read out of battery status on the bolt sounds complicated but pretty easy when your actually doing it @Rob Hancill may explain it better.
I have emailed wahoo & got a reply from them that there’s a firmware update in the pipe line so the Levo will pair completely with the bolt but no time scale....watch this space....happy riding mate.....if you need anymore help just post here & if I can help no problem ????

bigborett

Jul 17, 2018
Australia
Quite happy with my little 520 and it's integration with the 2018 levo. If I had an earlier Levo, without the bar control, I would have gone the 820 for the touch screen and the mode changing feature.

Pijo

Oct 20, 2019
Adelaide Hills
Hi all, apologies for digging up an old thread but interested in others experience and views on this. I'm joining the Levo family shortly and looking at display options. I'm leaning towards a Garmin edge 130, I like the compact size and data collection potential (I actually have no issues with the Specialized display from what I can tell, but figure the ability to record data instead of just seeing it in real time makes sense) It seems from digging around here that running @JanCapek data field will make the edge 130 a handy, in-ride display of essential E bike info and other bits and pieces as required. Any edge 130 users want to give any thoughts? Are you using the MTB kit with the mount? Using the remote or unnecessary clutter on the bars? Other options preferred? Anyone using a lezyne super gps with Levo? I can't seem to find any info on Levo connectivity with battery/support level which makes me think that's not an option.

Any advice appreciated, thank you all :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles