Where we go from here.

November Bravo

May 26, 2019
Sherwood
Having followed a couple of ebike forums on Facebook since becoming involved in and riding e-bikes, I’m looking forward to seeing what this page has to offer in riders experiences on the trail, in terms of opportunities to ride and perceptions from non e-bikers.

My background is riding regular mtbs for 20 years and in the last year alongside an ebike. I work for Forestry England (formerly Forestry Commission) I manage the busiest MTB trail in England which has seen a massive growth in emtb numbers, I have contributed and advised on FEs policy document on ebikes on the FE estate and for the last two years through working closely with Haibike,Lapierre and Raleigh developed Pedalfest a family cycling event with an opportunity to demo all types of ebikes.

I’m currently riding a Turbo Levo switching between that and my enduro, previously I had the use of a Haibike Full 7 LT and found that switch from non-ebike to ebike and back again increased my fitness, handling skills but more importantly my opportunities to ride, I’d be interested to know if this is the same for others who run two types of bike or just an ebike.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Welcome! Quite a few threads on these subjects, the general consensus on fitness is that for most of us we are getting out more and riding longer on EMTB's, meaning an uplift in fitness, but for those who already rode a lot there isn't such a benefit.

I think the main thing 99% of members have gained is more time to ride, and better use of whatever time they have to get on a bike.

We have a broad crossection of members from around the globe, from people who just want to cruise, to single track chargers, to those who are thrashing the bikes down DH tracks and jump lines.

We also do Forum meet ups and rides, come along to one!

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
@November Bravo Hi, I'm pretty sure that we have met before! You will be familiar with my answer, but I'll put it here so that it's all in one place.
I started with osteo-arthritis in my knees four years ago. Despite trying everything except knee replacement (a future option!), eventually I was down to riding a max of 10 miles at a time and needing at least two days recovery afterwards. I could no longer ride anywhere with steep hills, so that was riding in the Peaks with my mates out of the question. An emtb has saved me, no question about it! I can easily ride 20 miles now and I'm pretty sure that I could do the same the next day. I haven't tried it yet because I also need to spend time with my family, so alternate days are fine with me.

After several months of emtb ownership, I tried riding my clockwork bike and I was back to 10 miles again. So I sold it. Down to one bike now, for the first time in ten years.

PS: Welcome to the Forum! :)

November Bravo

May 26, 2019
Sherwood
@November Bravo Hi, I'm pretty sure that we have met before! You will be familiar with my answer, but I'll put it here so that it's all in one place.
I started with osteo-arthritis in my knees four years ago. Despite trying everything except knee replacement (a future option!), eventually I was down to riding a max of 10 miles at a time and needing at least two days recovery afterwards. I could no longer ride anywhere with steep hills, so that was riding in the Peaks with my mates out of the question. An emtb has saved me, no question about it! I can easily ride 20 miles now and I'm pretty sure that I could do the same the next day. I haven't tried it yet because I also need to spend time with my family, so alternate days are fine with me.

After several months of emtb ownership, I tried riding my clockwork bike and I was back to 10 miles again. So I sold it. Down to one bike now, for the first time in ten years.

PS: Welcome to the Forum! :)
Hi Steve good to catch up again (and again via sw radio today).

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles