Where to ride in Arizona

Jgbeasley1

Mar 16, 2022
Phoenix AZ
Hey Emtb team!!

YO!!! I'm new to the emtb world. I’ve been riding for years, but discovered the RADNESS of e-bikes. I was sold after my first time trying my friends. I don’t fully understand all the regulations as far as where I can ride, so I was hoping to get some recommend areas to ride in the Phoenix/Sedona/ Flagstaff/ Prescott area. I'm new to this, so I'll take all the help I can get! I know we can further the progression of more trail accessibility by following the guidelines, so I wanna try my best and know where I can and CANNOT ride.

Pedal-Man

Feb 5, 2022
USA
In AZ, any city park or county park or BLM land/multi-use is EBike friendly...for the most part.

Forest Service land and trails are NOT EBike friendly. Unless otherwise designated.

But again...you have to do your research to know for sure.

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
Hey Emtb team!!

YO!!! I'm new to the emtb world. I’ve been riding for years, but discovered the RADNESS of e-bikes. I was sold after my first time trying my friends. I don’t fully understand all the regulations as far as where I can ride, so I was hoping to get some recommend areas to ride in the Phoenix/Sedona/ Flagstaff/ Prescott area. I'm new to this, so I'll take all the help I can get! I know we can further the progression of more trail accessibility by following the guidelines, so I wanna try my best and know where I can and CANNOT ride.

Well... two of my favourite riders were just riding around in Sedona so here ya go (you can make the decision on whether you can or CANNOT ride where they went)!

sanosan34

Subscriber
Jan 26, 2021
Arizona
I find trailforks to be comprehensive and accurate for Phoenix and other parts of AZ. It also has a filter for e-bikes.

South Mountain allows e-bikes and it's loads of fun.

As for the trails that don't allow e-bikes (like Hawes, Sedona, etc) I've been told by my LBS that there is virtually no enforcement, but that's up to you whether you want to ignore the official rules or not.

Reactions: Jdz

burtonrider06

Sep 17, 2021
CA - USA
Anybody have updates on how people at Sedona reacts to emtb riders? Going there in a couple weeks and debating between Amish or emtb. I with like to bring my emtb since I have lower back injuries :(

kombos

Dec 18, 2019
Arizona
I find trailforks to be comprehensive and accurate for Phoenix and other parts of AZ. It also has a filter for e-bikes.

South Mountain allows e-bikes and it's loads of fun.

As for the trails that don't allow e-bikes (like Hawes, Sedona, etc) I've been told by my LBS that there is virtually no enforcement, but that's up to you whether you want to ignore the official rules or not.
I can concur with this.
I ride Hawes all the time without issue. No experience with Sedona area at this point….

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles