Kenevo Gen1 Where is my derestrictor?

cozzy

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
I have bought a used kenevo 2020 and it doesn't appear to be speed limited. Naughty naughty very naughty.
But I can't find a derestrictor. There is nothing under the TCU, no mechanical device on the rear disk, nothing under the LH motor cover.
Where else should I be looking?

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
So is it a case of - fix it before it breaks? That makes sense. No derestrictor is interesting though.

Otherwise for me it would be a case of - if it ain't broke don't fix it.

cozzy

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
To answer the replies to far ..
Speed I dont know, I just pedalled hard down the road & it never let off unlike my 2019 did what was set to about 20mph.
Pretty sure the wheel circumference cant be changed on these models? Is this a normal de-restriction method? Im only used to the brose 1.3 where this is the way to do it.
I would like to know whats been done, in case I need to remove it for a warranty issue, unless its something only a shop could do, then in which case I guess the warranty will be fine as long as I take it back to them (one of the main 3 dealers for specialized)

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
I have bought a used kenevo 2020 and it doesn't appear to be speed limited. Naughty naughty very naughty.
But I can't find a derestrictor. There is nothing under the TCU, no mechanical device on the rear disk, nothing under the LH motor cover.

Those are the main areas where it would be unless someone has swapped the speed sensor cable.

The 2.1 feels a lot less grabby over the limit than the 1.3 did (at least to me when I tried them back to back), a good test would be ride up a slight hill on a road - a derestricted bike will just keep going. I tried a Kenevo before and after a derestrict and the latter hit 33mph easily, I couldn't deliver enough leg power to get the restricted one anywhere close. (36t chainring)

As others have said, worth talking to the previous owner as they should know.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles