Whats your mileage - aka the high rollers thread

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
600km on my kenevo so far, almost all on technical dh or fire road, bent two mech hangers and snapped one mech so far :)

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
By the end of the week I would of clicked over to 6000km.
On the 2nd cassette, numerous chains, 3 sets of pads, 3rd set of tyres, a chain ring, 8 spokes, 2x inner gear cables, one outer and rear wheel bearings.
I also do a 50hr suspension service every 1000km and full suspension service every 2000km. Just about due for the 3rd full service. I do these myself as it’s heaps cheaper.
Battery has done 121 charge cycles and is at 90% health. 456wh down from 504wh.

Have replaced or upgraded other stuff but that’s the all the wear items covered.

HikerDave

Feb 9, 2019
Tempe
So after reading this thread I thought it would be interesting to see whose been putting mega miles on their bikes, and what's been the wear and tear?

eBike part durability - EMTB Forums

@Tetsugaku has put 10k on his, anyone better that?
By the end of the week I would of clicked over to 6000km.
On the 2nd cassette, numerous chains, 3 sets of pads, 3rd set of tyres, a chain ring, 8 spokes, 2x inner gear cables, one outer and rear wheel bearings.
I also do a 50hr suspension service every 1000km and full suspension service every 2000km. Just about due for the 3rd full service. I do these myself as it’s heaps cheaper.
Battery has done 121 charge cycles and is at 90% health. 456wh down from 504wh.

Have replaced or upgraded other stuff but that’s the all the wear items covered.

3200 kilometers in six months and about to replace the rear tire for the first time; no detectable chain wear with the only maintenance beyond upgrades being headset and rear wheel bearing adjustments and loctite on the rear derailleur mounting bolt.

Benson

Sep 19, 2018
Hampshire UK
Did 5,023.8 miles last year, am currently slacking at 1,966.1 miles but expect it to pick up once the weather improves.

Only 150.1 miles of those combined over 2018/2019 was on an ebike ?

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
3200 kilometers in six months and about to replace the rear tire for the first time; no detectable chain wear with the only maintenance beyond upgrades being headset and rear wheel bearing adjustments and loctite on the rear derailleur mounting bolt.
Nice going on the k’s
You should of done some services on the suspension well before now.
If you average 20kmh whilst riding your bike then after 1000km you have done 50hrs of riding. Lower leg fork services are recommended every 50hrs. And full services every 200hrs. I do my full services earlier as it keeps them working at their best.
Chains I average around 1000km and replace them at 0.6 wear. I put my chains under enormous stress and like knowing they have the best chance of staying in one piece.
I really put my whole bike under enormous stress every time I ride. I want it to perform, and not break at the worst possible moment. I could do heaps less and save some cash, but it’s a factored cost to ownership and it isn’t that high a cost really.

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
I've had mine 12 weeks and I've done 1500kms, am on my third chain but it's not going into gear smoothly when changing up in the 2 centre gears, the ones I most frequently ride in, all the other changes are smooth so no doubt cassette replaced when this chain is gone. Just replaced rear tyre this week. Replaced front pads about 300kms ago.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I've done around 1500 miles. On three motors...

...so far

Ian

Jan 19, 2019
Nairn
I’ve done 2200kms since January not changed anything just shortened seatpost cable,loving the vitus

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles