Levo Gen 2 What workflow do you use for tracking ride stats? BLevo? Strava? Trailforks? Mission COntrol?

arjunvenk

Mar 7, 2021
Baltimore, MD
Hey guys, as the title says I'm looking for suggestions on ride stats workflow as a brand new Turbo Levo owner. I have an Apple watch and getting HR data is important to me as is syncing general ride data to Apple Health. I haven't used BLevo but I know with strava and trailforks can sync a ride to Apple afterwards. I generally have been finding routes on trailforks but I don't necessarily need to track the ride with it. I have had Strava Pro in the past and have liked the "relative effort" chart a lot. Let me know what you guys use and why! Thanks!

Sep 19, 2020
Squamish, BC, Canada
I use Strava pro for leaderboards against my friends and have it set it up to auto sync to trailforks.

If you have an Apple Watch and what you want is health stats then you don’t really need to use anything else as it tracks all the relative data already.

aarfeldt

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 25, 2019
Denmark, Danstrup
I use a Garmin watch to get GPS and HR stats.
On the stem I use a Garmin Edge 130, which shows HR from the watch, and is connected to the bike, to get bike stats (power mode, cadance, battery stats ect)
All connects to Garmin Connect, where I see and compare everything.

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
I'm also using Garmin watch for riding stats and it sync to Garmin Connect and Strava.
For navigating I use Komoot which also sync to Garmin Connect

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
size of the smile on my face........divided by how knackered I feel.. minus any injuries or bike damage...+ any decent Gopro footage.
Time/distance/elevation..........dont give a toss!!

Bigtuna00

Nov 27, 2019
CA
I use Google Fit and manually enter date, distance, and time into a spreadsheet. My only interest is tracking service intervals, which is obviously not what you are after. But one thing worth mentioning: I've exported from Google Fit (using TCX files) and imported into Strava a couple of times. The segments times look ok the speed is always way off:

1615679168319.png

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I use Google Fit and manually enter date, distance, and time into a spreadsheet. My only interest is tracking service intervals, which is obviously not what you are after. But one thing worth mentioning: I've exported from Google Fit (using TCX files) and imported into Strava a couple of times. The segments times look ok the speed is always way off:
That sounds like a massive hassle.
What are you tracking service intervals of?

And do you realise you can store all your bikes and their individual components in Strava (Settings > My gear > My bikes) and it'll automatically tally up the mileage of each bike/component for you?

Bigtuna00

Nov 27, 2019
CA
That sounds like a massive hassle.

Then don't do it :ROFLMAO:

What are you tracking service intervals of?
  • Fork 50 Hour Service
  • Fork 200 Hour Service
  • Arma 100 Hour Service
  • Dropper 50 Hour Service
  • Dropper 200 Hour Service
  • Dropper 600 Hour Service
  • Bleed Brakes
  • LB Front Sealant
  • LB Rear Sealant
  • Syncros Front Sealant
  • Syncros Rear Sealant
  • Chain
  • Cassette
  • Chainring
  • Pedals
And do you realise you can store all your bikes and their individual components in Strava (Settings > My gear > My bikes) and it'll automatically tally up the mileage of each bike/component for you?

I used Strava for about 2 years. It has some downsides. I found myself wasting too much time worrying about segments, KOM's etc. It was making riding less fun. Easiest thing for me was to just stop using it :p

EDIT: sometimes you can't beat a spreadsheet for flexibility and convenience. Invariably UI like Strava gets tedious, e.g. the way you have to add each component, to each bike. With a spreadsheet I can copy and tweak whatever I want. Luckily Strava has a decent export feature too.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
None of those things actually need serviced at those exact time intervals.
Riding conditions, usage and common sense should trump the service interval shedule.

You can make your rides private, ignore follower requests and leaderboards if you don't like those features in Strava. I rack up over 100miles a week and rarely ever look at segment times.
I'm not sure how messing about with a spreadsheet after every ride and importing GPX files can be LESS tedious than inputing each bike and its components into Strava ONCE and letting it tally up the useage for you.

lumpy

🚁 CHOPPER 🚁
Nov 26, 2018
SF Bay Area
Why do you upload to Strava and Trailforks?

I like BLEvo much better than Mission Control, so I use it for my motor control. When I get home, I upload my ride and pics to Strava as I have a lot of Strava friends and we like to chat.
I like Trailforks for the data it collects

Last edited:

Bigtuna00

Nov 27, 2019
CA
None of those things actually need serviced at those exact time intervals.
Riding conditions, usage and common sense should trump the service interval shedule.

I didn't say they did. I just answered your question.

You can make your rides private, ignore follower requests and leaderboards if you don't like those features in Strava. I rack up over 100miles a week and rarely ever look at segment times.

Good for you. Amazing as it may sound, I am not you, and don't have the same experiences you do :)

I'm not sure how messing about with a spreadsheet after every ride and importing GPX files can be LESS tedious than inputing each bike and its components into Strava ONCE and letting it tally up the useage for you.

Understood. As I said, if you don't like it, don't do it. To be clear I imported TCX files a couple of times. Given that I said I stopped using Strava, I'm not sure how it would make sense that I do it for every ride...

Last edited:

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I'm not sure how it would make sense that I do it for every ride...
My point was that you then wouldn't have to do anything at all after each ride. You wouldn't even have to use Strava and it would still tot up and store the mileage use for all your components in the background ready for you to check whenever you wanted.

Of course I get that you're not me and I get that you don't want to give up your spreadsheet. Personally I can't think of anything worse than having to mess about with a spreadsheet after every ride. But I ride pretty much everyday often 2 or 3 rides in the same day.

Konanige

Feb 29, 2020
Mendips
Jeeeze, whatever happened to riding bikes n havin fun!!!! My lungs and legs tell me if I'm putting in enough effort, the smile tells me how much fun I've had and the servicing gets done when things start to feel wrong!!!

Tim1023

Aug 25, 2020
Hamburg, Germany
I use Google Fit and manually enter date, distance, and time into a spreadsheet. My only interest is tracking service intervals, which is obviously not what you are after.
My first thoughts after "that sounds like a hassle" were:
- IFTTT. I'm sure you could automate the process
- ProBikeGarage - Bicycle maintenance tracker app Specifically tracks component usage and can take data straight from Strava

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles