What Type of Mountain Biker are You?

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
First off, this forum has served me well as a wealth of information, inspiration and of course, entertainment. Sometimes it seems like you get to know fellow riders by the messages they write. Maybe we are right, we are probably way off. Not only are we from all over the world, come from a variety of styles, goals/interest, but range in experience and age. I thought it could be helpful when posting messages to others if we knew something more about them. I was hoping there would be some quick quiz or chart we all could look on and claim a spot. For instance, according to this quiz , I am a Bike Geek but from this list, I am a Downhill Daredevil! A bit of stretch in both categories but I would give them a 5/10 and an 8/10 for accuracy.
I challenge you to categorize yourself and be proud of it!

bg.jpg

dh.jpg

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
Oh, that's a shit quiz 😂. There isn't one answer in all the questions that I can relate to. What's with all the cake? Who rides in the rain? I think I'm supposed to be interested in the accordion :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
It says I’m “The mile muncher”. But I thought I was a “Social Butterfly”…I suppose I could be both. 😏 Depends on the weather I guess.

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
I'd sooner participate in Cosmopolitan's "Rate your Husband" quiz.

And here I thought people love to take quizes and fit into catagories. While I agree the quiz was not all that amiable to those who could not see that cake could be a euphenism for beer or what ever else gets them out on the bike, out with the lads or away from the wife but it does point out that there are several types of riders ranging from social/chill to hard core/intense. Given that the average age this forum seems to be 50+, I was interested how members rated themselves.

B1rdie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
Have you had a good day ?
For sure !
Had to be fast to take this picture with a sunshine, though …
There are a lot of things to manage on a trip like this: new car seating, new bike, new places.
But I could get to the park by 11:00 and ride a few trails. Berm baby berm was nr1 on the list and I could ride it, the trails are very well designed and maintained and I loved the site.

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
It said I was "The mile muncher ", but that's because I have an EMTB.
OTOH I do love holidays riding in the Alps, and tend to do lots of miles so maybe it is OK.
In the other list I guess I am Enduro.

WubbleU

Apr 3, 2022
Bristol
First off, this forum has served me well as a wealth of information, inspiration and of course, entertainment. Sometimes it seems like you get to know fellow riders by the messages they write. Maybe we are right, we are probably way off. Not only are we from all over the world, come from a variety of styles, goals/interest, but range in experience and age. I thought it could be helpful when posting messages to others if we knew something more about them. I was hoping there would be some quick quiz or chart we all could look on and claim a spot. For instance, according to this quiz , I am a Bike Geek but from this list, I am a Downhill Daredevil! A bit of stretch in both categories but I would give them a 5/10 and an 8/10 for accuracy.
I challenge you to categorize yourself and be proud of it!

View attachment 87447
View attachment 87448
I hope you got paid for this 🙂

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
I hope you got paid for this 🙂

I am not sure what you mean. The intention of my post was to come up with some sort of a categorizing system for people who post in the forum so their posts are directed at an audience that is within their category/group to reduce the confusion and repetition of posts. For instance, when someone who is an XC rider posts a question about suspension choice or setup, it would be helpful to know what kind of rider they are before they are bombarded with all kinds of anecdotal "tips" for a variety of other disciplines, from around the world. Maybe a statement about yourself in foot note would do it. I have a Youtube channel so people can see my level of experience, many others post pictures of their bikes leaned up against a tree or fence post to show the bike they own, which is at least something. This way we could appreciate when @Gary has something to say compared to when @IknowItAll throws their 2 cents in. Then again, there is always the entertainment factor that appears to be what some people come here for. To each, their own. :)

WubbleU

Apr 3, 2022
Bristol
I am not sure what you mean. The intention of my post was to come up with some sort of a categorizing system for people who post in the forum so their posts are directed at an audience that is within their category/group to reduce the confusion and repetition of posts. For instance, when someone who is an XC rider posts a question about suspension choice or setup, it would be helpful to know what kind of rider they are before they are bombarded with all kinds of anecdotal "tips" for a variety of other disciplines, from around the world. Maybe a statement about yourself in foot note would do it. I have a Youtube channel so people can see my level of experience, many others post pictures of their bikes leaned up against a tree or fence post to show the bike they own, which is at least something. This way we could appreciate when @Gary has something to say compared to when @IknowItAll throws their 2 cents in. Then again, there is always the entertainment factor that appears to be what some people come here for. To each, their own. :)

Absolutely, each to their own etc. Just wary of extra content in an environment that generally "pays per click".

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
Absolutely, each to their own etc. Just wary of extra content in an environment that generally "pays per click".

I have never heard of "pays for click". Other than advertising, which pays for Youtube content and things like this Forum, I have only ever paid in time waiting.

Endoguru

Aug 21, 2019
Usa
I like your idea. Although, It will only be as good as we are honest about our actual abilities and skills…and I’m sure we all are all of the time.😂

WubbleU

Apr 3, 2022
Bristol
I have never heard of "pays for click". Other than advertising, which pays for Youtube content and things like this Forum, I have only ever paid in time waiting.
Sorry, if I sound overly negative regarding the clickbait angle. I can see benefit of a bit of info in your profile/footnote if you feel inclined to do it.
I'm the type of bike rider that isn't too keen on labels, but I can see that they might be entertaining.

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
Sorry, if I sound overly negative regarding the clickbait angle. I can see benefit of a bit of info in your profile/footnote if you feel inclined to do it.
I'm the type of bike rider that isn't too keen on labels, but I can see that they might be entertaining.

As mentioned before, the intention would be to improve the quality of the information provided on the forum by providing some sort of resume/background to what is said. I am not sure about you, but I tend to click on people's avatar to see where they are from before I believe everything they have to say. For instance, I have a friend who lives in London who is quite a good rider. He comes to Whistler every year but claims that there is nothing that comes close to it in the UK. Many of the uploaded videos I see are XC with riders traversing fields, climbing rocky hiking trails and machine built jump parks. I am sure I am seeing a skewed representation of where people ride based on interest, location and age. Similarly, I have never been to Bristol what is the riding like around your area?

WubbleU

Apr 3, 2022
Bristol
As mentioned before, the intention would be to improve the quality of the information provided on the forum by providing some sort of resume/background to what is said. I am not sure about you, but I tend to click on people's avatar to see where they are from before I believe everything they have to say. For instance, I have a friend who lives in London who is quite a good rider. He comes to Whistler every year but claims that there is nothing that comes close to it in the UK. Many of the uploaded videos I see are XC with riders traversing fields, climbing rocky hiking trails and machine built jump parks. I am sure I am seeing a skewed representation of where people ride based on interest, location and age. Similarly, I have never been to Bristol what is the riding like around your area?
There's a few nice trails around Ashton Court with no entry cost, Nova Trail being most obvious. I've ridden hairier sections of the Cornwall cliff path though and I've been meaning to return to Bike Park Wales, which offered some welcome variety. I'm very much an on/off biker though. Mostly justified an ebike for commuting and then discovered that you can have more fun in a bike if you struggle less on uphills. Skied a couple of times in Whistler, would like to enjoy those mountains without snow sometime. England doesn't have many peaks particularly in the south. Wales, Scotland and North of England are craggier but still aren't particularly high when compared to Europe.
I liked the client service attitude in Whistler and of course everything is in English so that's less intimidating when compared to Europe!

Bob 57

May 5, 2022
Prospect South Australia
Hello everyone, just wondering whether anyone has fitted a trailer to their Focus Thron 6.8 EMTB.? I am looking to buy a Burley XC Coho rear wheeled trailer so that I can tour long distance on my eBike but would like to talk with someone who has already tried this trailer/eBike combination! Regards Bob

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles