• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Answered What tool do I need to add / remove a token in fox38?

pnzio

Dec 11, 2021
Dublin / Ireland
Hi, self explanatory question. New to fox forks, what can I use to add volume spacers?
Is it just a socket wrench? What size? Or is there a specific tool for it.

Thanks in advance :)

pnzio

Dec 11, 2021
Dublin / Ireland
Ideally a single hex 6 sided impact type one 👍
will this work?

Compatibility Suspension Side: Float 36, Float 40

sorry for being a noob ( not sorry :ROFLMAO: )

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
will this work?

Compatibility Suspension Side: Float 36, Float 40

sorry for being a noob ( not sorry :ROFLMAO: )
That will do for 30 quid, or you could get one thats not overpriced and with a fancy ano* coating for a tenner(Or less)
*As its anodized this means its made of alloy, whereas standard ones are steel. I'd much rather have a steel socket over an alloy one, as the alloy one will wear.
Given the only review reads "Nicely done! But: It doesn't really sit optimally (!). In other words – has a tad too much play. Bit annoying for the expensive part. Well...better than making your own or using the ones from the hardware store. "
So a bit of play+Made of alloy = more chance of it wearing out and needing to buy another. Hmm odd that, almost like they want it to wear out and you be forced to buy another.
Or maybe im just an old cynic.

militantmandy

Jan 18, 2022
Tweed Valley, Scotland
The important thing it to get one with a flat face. There is very little for the socket to grab on to and if you use one that has a traditional rounded edge, you risk damaging the fork. As above, I got a Unior one, seems to work just fine.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles