What Pads fit the Shimano XT M8120 brakes?

JC1982

Feb 6, 2021
South Wales
Hi all

I am asking this question as when I Google search for these pads. I am getting pads come up and when looking at the spec it's not showing Br-M8120 or M8120 it's compatibility with ZEE, Saint, M8100, M8020 and so on.

I understand shimano try to keep pads in the same ranges as much as possible.

Any pointera would be great.

Thanks.

JC1982

Feb 6, 2021
South Wales
I'm currently running the e-matrix ones
[/QUOT

Just ordered two semis for the front and two sintered for the back.

How are you finding the E matrix ones and how are you finding them compared to normal pads?

Thanks

Pyr0

E*POWAH Master
Sep 22, 2019
Wirral, UK
I haven't tried the normal uberbike pads, but e-matrix pads feel a little stronger than the stock finned shimano pads that came with my brakes and a little quieter too

JC1982

Feb 6, 2021
South Wales
If you would mind let us know how they go lads. I am still 100% on specific parts yet. However if they do work better the its worth paying the difference.

gcrisford

Aug 30, 2019
Marlow, UK
I'm currently running the e-matrix ones

Thanks for mentioning these, most Shimano are out of stock at time of writing this, searched their e-bike pads and found M8120 in the description for one, and I've received these replacement pads next day. Haven't fitted them yet but will report if they are noticeably different in feel to the stock N03A's.

gcrisford

Aug 30, 2019
Marlow, UK
Thanks for mentioning these, most Shimano are out of stock at time of writing this, searched their e-bike pads and found M8120 in the description for one, and I've received these replacement pads next day. Haven't fitted them yet but will report if they are noticeably different in feel to the stock N03A's.
Update - I went to fit them and cracked one of the ceramic brake piston when pushing them back with a large allen key. Lesson learned, and the new brake calliper came with original shimano pads in, so I haven't tried the after market ones yet. Expensive lesson in brake maintenance!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles