What its like going Acoustic after 2 years electric

Chairman

Feb 25, 2022
Nz
Well I took my Taniwha out for a serious play pretty much for the first time since I went electric on a Canondale Moterra 1 almost 2 years ago so here are my findings
1: surprisingly it was a whole lot more fun than I thought it would be
2: my fitness and leg strength was fine. In fact my Garmin heart data was pretty much on a par with what I would expect to see from an e ride of same duration of aprox 2hrs 45
3: I had been tossing up whether to over capitalize my current ebike with such goodies as a new 38 fork and fancy coil shock or hang out for a new bike should anything decent find its way to NZ and this ride has made up my mind. Yes over capitalize haha. Reason?
4: gearbox is so far superior its not even in the same ballpark. The Pinion gearbox on the Zerode was such a pleasure. I had almost forgotten how good it was. I have been convincing myself that a well tuned XO shifter and derailleur is adequate but honestly it really isn't so I will be hanging out until a decent gearbox ebike comes along
5: my overall strength has improved. Tossing that lightweight 34 lb acoustic around was a breeze. Had to work hard on the climbs though. There is no way around that

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles