• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

What components from XT to Sram AXS

ragnor

Apr 23, 2020
U.K.
As far as I can see I'd need:
SRAM XD Driver freehub
Cassette
Derailleur
Crank (Chainset)
Chain
Shifter
Battery + Charger

Is that correct or have I missed out anything?

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
If you're running a 12 sp system already I'd be tempted to just install the AXS DR and shifter, maybe a new hanger at the same time, and see how you get on. The charger and battery come with the DR.
If it's 11 sp currently you still probably don't need to change the chainring.

ragnor

Apr 23, 2020
U.K.
Thanks guys for the replies. Apart from anything else I much prefer the SRAM system where you can lock the Derailleur. Makes it so much easier to get the wheel in/out. At my age and standard of "expertise" with bikes anything that makes life simpler and easy is mucho preferred.

Not knocking the ideas by the way as it's interesting but probably not a route I'd go down.

glixerd

Jan 8, 2024
Athens
Thanks guys for the replies. Apart from anything else I much prefer the SRAM system where you can lock the Derailleur. Makes it so much easier to get the wheel in/out. At my age and standard of "expertise" with bikes anything that makes life simpler and easy is mucho preferred.

Not knocking the ideas by the way as it's interesting but probably not a route I'd go down.
Agree 100%, it's really useful
As i say, i'm just using a SRAM GX AXS derailleur and shifter, everything else is Shimano

I have all GX on my other bike, i cannot tell any difference in shifting performance between the 2
SRAM derailleur and shifter works great on Shimano chain and rear cassette (y)

Arethustra

Subscriber
Apr 22, 2024
Bay Area, CA
Check eBay for takeoffs, and you can probably get everything but the freehub and the chain in one shot...that's what I did when I upgraded my older XC bike to AXS. You might also need to look at your derailleur hanger, but maybe not. If it's UDH, then go transmission mine wasn't on my Santa Cruz, which bummed me out, but oh well...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles