Weekend Fun

RobG

Apr 27, 2022
Fulltime RV
Well this is turning out to be a pretty cool weekend.

I'm camped on BLM land near Richfield, Utah. Today when I got back from town with some bike parts, I found a big gooseneck enclosed trailer and truck parked near where I was camped. It had a bunch of mtb stickers on it and a bunch of bikes parked out front.

I went over to say hi and turns out there's an mtb race here this weekend! Tomorrow they'll have a DJ and other stuff going on here. Oh, and all of the bikes they had pulled out of their trailer were ebikes! A could were Intense, and there was one Specialized Levo much fancier than mine. I don't remember the others.

Anyway, I offered my help and they accepted, so tomorrow they'll put me to work however they see fit. I'll get to hang out with and meet a bunch of mtb'ers and stuff. Fun!

RobG

Apr 27, 2022
Fulltime RV
Hahaha nah... turns out it's a Youth Enduro race. So a bunch of kids and parents/coaches. It was a fun time! I didn't get sucked into too much work. I gave a ride up to the top of the mountain to one of the coaches in my side-by-side -- we strapped his bike to the back of it with bungees and it stayed put just fine. I then found a good spot, launched my drone, and got some good video of part of the race.

At the end of the day, they asked me to run back up and pick up some coolers they forgot, so I did that. All in all it was a good time, and I'd gladly help again if our paths should cross again.
Screen Shot 2022-05-08 at 10.35.38 AM.jpg

2022-05-07 09-31-00.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles