Wanted a brand new Bosch gen 4 and a 625w battery Full suspension £ 3000 plus

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
The decathlon is excellent value for money, but has the 500wh battery.

As said the cubes are nice and also the radon render is the next good option for value.

mango scotland

Mar 5, 2020
United Kingdom
The Decathlon is a lower spec 500w version of the Sempione RACE - Lombardo Bikes
My thing about battery size stems for a capacity issue I have with my Evolve E-board.
I need a decent range to prevent the having to catch a bus when the eboard breaks down
Bosch GEN4 is the best should battery power fade to pedal I'm led to believe Is this true

Has this other bike brand got a link ?

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Screenshot 2020-03-05 at 18.05.01.png

Radon Render 8.0 | E-Bike Fully Shop

Works out a bit over budget, but nice spec for money, carbon frame and 625Wh battery,

EMTBehave

Apr 7, 2019
CH
The Decathlon is a lower spec 500w version of the Sempione RACE - Lombardo Bikes
My thing about battery size stems for a capacity issue I have with my Evolve E-board.
I need a decent range to prevent the having to catch a bus when the eboard breaks down
Bosch GEN4 is the best should battery power fade to pedal I'm led to believe Is this true

Has this other bike brand got a link ?
You aren't providing many useful details. How much range do you need per day? A 500w battery will still do a fair distance if you use the modes wisely. I got 47 miles from a 625w with 25% battery left when I got home which is pretty much equivalent to draining a 500w battery.

If you want the best bang for your buck and are on a strict budget then the Decathlon will likely be fine and save you a few hundred to spend on accessories.

mango scotland

Mar 5, 2020
United Kingdom
At present, I ride around the loch Leven Kinross or over the cliff path at Gullen and North Berwick.
I have started to go to Glentress and finding the crank back up problematic as my lungs aint 100%. I was also doing some of the John Muir way and several other cycle paths we have at the fife meadows and around Peebles way. We have a lot of paths that are not pristine but are really nice to ride at a medium pace without killing my self. I also spend a lot of vanlife time in Glencoe and Perthshire doing photography and the Ebike would add a good dimension to the outing. I rented a ebike at the kelpies and it was a really good experience to be able to climb the hill to the wheel without that normal half dead feeling. It beats taking more NHS pills

EMTBehave

Apr 7, 2019
CH
At present, I ride around the loch Leven Kinross or over the cliff path at Gullen and North Berwick.
I have started to go to Glentress and finding the crank back up problematic as my lungs aint 100%. I was also doing some of the John Muir way and several other cycle paths we have at the fife meadows and around Peebles way. We have a lot of paths that are not pristine but are really nice to ride at a medium pace without killing my self. I also spend a lot of vanlife time in Glencoe and Perthshire doing photography and the Ebike would add a good dimension to the outing. I rented a ebike at the kelpies and it was a really good experience to be able to climb the hill to the wheel without that normal half dead feeling. It beats taking more NHS pills
That still doesn't tell us anything about how much range you need but I am sure you can figure it out and make the right choice. :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles