Levo Gen 3 Updating 2021 Levo Comp to 2022 Levo Comp Carbon?

Kimmoi

Jul 6, 2018
Finland
What have yoy gained, if anything?
Main differences; positives and negatives(if any..)?

Any problems with 2022?
I have one battery replaced to my 2021 Comp about 3000km, nearly 4000km now. No other problems.

Chrysaor

Apr 12, 2021
Switzerland
Hi,

I don't own the Levo but I would say if your bike has proved itself reliable until now and you are still happy when you ride it I would keep it even through specialized customer service is usually good.
I am on a YT with the old Shimano, 3000km and no issue with the motor nor the battery and I had a phase few months ago I wanted a new bike maybe with a latest gen motor but in the end after reading other people issues with new bikes on this forum I have decided against and told myself, it works, it is reliable and still fun, keep it.
Sometimes a small upgrade on your actual bike can also rekindle the flame or close the gap to the supposed increase in performance of a next gen bike

whwv

Dec 29, 2021
Bay Area, CA
What have yoy gained, if anything?
Main differences; positives and negatives(if any..)?

Any problems with 2022?
I have one battery replaced to my 2021 Comp about 3000km, nearly 4000km now. No other problems.

I don't have the 2021, but I can give you a data point on the 2022. I have the Levo Pro, so same frame. Delivered in March 2021, and I have 2300+ miles and 500k'+ climbing. No issues from Specialized. Had issues with the Fox shock (DPX2) and finally just replaced with a Push 11.6. Bike was great as stock, but with some bigger rotors (220mm F/R) and and the Push 11.6, it's amazing.

When I was doing my research, what sold me on the 2022 was the mullet and adjustable geometry. The Mastermind TCU looked cool, but after having it, it's not a big deal. I just need something to tell me battery life, and use the Wahoo for all other data. Honestly though, if I had a 2021 that was working fine, I probably wouldn't have even considered spending more money on a 2022. Chrysaor, above, has a good point. Spend some cash on an upgrade (like a coil shock or something) and it'll feel like you have a new bike and save you some cash.

Kimmoi

Jul 6, 2018
Finland
I don't have the 2021, but I can give you a data point on the 2022. I have the Levo Pro, so same frame. Delivered in March 2021, and I have 2300+ miles and 500k'+ climbing. No issues from Specialized. Had issues with the Fox shock (DPX2) and finally just replaced with a Push 11.6. Bike was great as stock, but with some bigger rotors (220mm F/R) and and the Push 11.6, it's amazing.

When I was doing my research, what sold me on the 2022 was the mullet and adjustable geometry. The Mastermind TCU looked cool, but after having it, it's not a big deal. I just need something to tell me battery life, and use the Wahoo for all other data. Honestly though, if I had a 2021 that was working fine, I probably wouldn't have even considered spending more money on a 2022. Chrysaor, above, has a good point. Spend some cash on an upgrade (like a coil shock or something) and it'll feel like you have a new bike and save you some cash.

I think i will take this route. :)
MRP E-Hazzard is very tempting, so is Zeb also. And AXS GX! :geek:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles