Other Turbo Levo settings to equal a SL?

Cavi

Jun 15, 2020
California, usa
Has anyone figured out the math to where one should set the power levels in a Turbo Levo if you wanted it to be equal to a SL? I normally would not want to do this but it would be nice to run equal power levels to see if I could live with a SL power level before selling my Levo and jumping to a SL . and no there are no shops that rent SL near me

levity

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Feb 15, 2018
SoCal
The power difference is roughly a factor of 2. So you could get some idea by cutting your assist levels by half and setting the peak power limit to 50% at each assist level.

I did just that a year ago when mrs levity sold her Levo and bought a SL. Riding together she did fine, but she's quite a bit lighter weight. I ended up buying an SL and rode both for a month before deciding to part with the the Levo. No regrets. You just have to get used to riding the SL more like a regular mtb (shifting and planning ahead) and less like a motorcycle (just blasting up and over things). The SL will reward you with more bicycle-like handling, though you will go slower than a Levo at times. If you're under 150 lb. you won't notice much power loss with the SL, but over 200 lb. and you may miss the Levo's greater torque. I'm in between and prefer the more nimble feel of the SL over the Levo's brute power. Range for similar riding style and conditions is about the same: main SL battery ~500Wh on the Levo; SL + Range Extender ~700Wh on the Levo.

As always, YMMV.

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa
the only place where i get hung up with the sl is where it gets super steep, then it's 50 50 depending on luck and whether my legs stall

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles