Levo Gen 2 Turbo Levo: new motor failure early signs?

Martin DH

Apr 27, 2020
Berkeley, California
Hi, I’ve got my 2019 Levo Comp Carbon’s motor replaced 6 months ago for the ”newest version” that’s supposedly more durable. I’ve been using this motor for over 2000 miles now and I have started noticing some kind of vibration coming from the cranks when climbing steep trails, that is coupled with a noticeable new sound. This sound is not too loud and the vibration is intermitent, but I’m wondering if anyone recognizes this as signs that the motor is about to fail?

On a different note: is it possible to have the motor checked/replaced before it fails?
Last time I was in the middle of the backcountry and it is terribly annoying when it happens in such places that it ruins not just the ride but a whole biking trip!!

Any ideas/comments?

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Hi, I’ve got my 2019 Levo Comp Carbon’s motor replaced 6 months ago for the ”newest version” that’s supposedly more durable. I’ve been using this motor for over 2000 miles now and I have started noticing some kind of vibration coming from the cranks when climbing steep trails, that is coupled with a noticeable new sound. This sound is not too loud and the vibration is intermitent, but I’m wondering if anyone recognizes this as signs that the motor is about to fail?

On a different note: is it possible to have the motor checked/replaced before it fails?
Last time I was in the middle of the backcountry and it is terribly annoying when it happens in such places that it ruins not just the ride but a whole biking trip!!

Any ideas/comments?
both could equally be a worn chainring

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles