Levo Gen 2 Turbo Levo firmware 2021/2022 vs 2020

torkas

Jul 11, 2024
Lithuania
Hi,
I have 2022 Turbo levo gen 2 bike and my friend has turbo levo gen 2 from 2020 with older firmware, both identical bikes, both have speed chips, just his firmware is older wasnt updated never.

His bike has around 30% more power feel than mine, is it possible somehow to downgrade the firmware? so I have full power like his, I dont care about reliablity I want power.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Check the mode settings in the MC app. There is one firmware change that supposedly removed spikes in Watts. Some reported less powerful assist after that but rectified it by turning up the "acceleration " setting to 50%+.

Mark24

Sep 16, 2021
Bursledon
Check the mode settings in the MC app. There is one firmware change that supposedly removed spikes in Watts. Some reported less powerful assist after that but rectified it by turning up the "acceleration " setting to 50%+.
The Mission Control app is no longer in use was removed by Specialized quite a while ago now, the new app is now called Specialized easy to find

Tetley

Sep 9, 2020
Bucks UK
I've a 2020 Levo, that had the summer of 2020 firmware, which was never updated until recently when I had a new motor and the latest firmware update.
I can categorically say it is not less powerful. I have some very steep hill climbs near me, which take the bike to the limits and beyond, and it performs just the same up these.

torkas

Jul 11, 2024
Lithuania
thanks will take a look into it

torkas

Jul 11, 2024
Lithuania
I've a 2020 Levo, that had the summer of 2020 firmware, which was never updated until recently when I had a new motor and the latest firmware update.
I can categorically say it is not less powerful. I have some very steep hill climbs near me, which take the bike to the limits and beyond, and it performs just the same up these.
Well I can say its more powerfull, same gen 2 bikes,different firmware and it feels like it. His bike wants to jump out and mines feels more lazy. Same with gen 3 he has, its lazier. I dont say its not powerful, but difference is clear. Like 30% acceleration at least he has more.

torkas

Jul 11, 2024
Lithuania
or maybe is possible to tune some power via Levociraptor chip? Via their app? I have not tried it yet

DuncanDoughnuts

Apr 2, 2018
Cape Town/JHB/Rippon
They have decreased the peak power in the newer firmware, was the only way they could get around the breaking of belts.
You can app the acceleration to 100 and add some shuttle. but you will drain the battery faster.

the NM still the same... how it is delivered is different with the new firmware.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
That’s it. Seems they have renamed it to responsiveness
..........and you have "trail" set at 20/70. I dont know how they name those values on the new App but in MC they were referred to as pedal support and max. For trial I had mine set at 50/100 and turbo at 100/100 Eco at 30/50. nominally the Brose power is specified as 4 times you. ( "You" assumes an average wattage input for most amateur riders). Setting Trail at 50/100 means you get 2 times "you" and more ( ie up to 4 times you) if you input enough rider torque. The difference between the 2 values being Pedal Assist values are easy to access whereas the Max requires much greater rider input. What was called "Acceleration" and it seems now "responsiveness" determines the amount of power easilly available at low cadences...typically when overcoming inertia from a standstill but also other circumstances where you have stopped pedalling and then start pedalling again.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles