Turbo Levo Comp battery life

Jon Karpoff

Apr 25, 2021
Washington USA
The battery on my 2021 Turbo Levo Comp died earlier this spring (April 2021). The local bike shops and the Specialized rep were extremely helpful in getting a new battery (I picked it up at a store that had one in stock, even though I bought the bike and have it serviced at other shops).

However, the new battery seems to have less life than the old one. A typical ride is 21.1 miles and 4269 feet elevation gain, all single track, mostly in trail mode on the way up and with the power turned off most of the way down. This particular ride used up about 50% of the old battery's life but about 75% of the new battery's life. Other routes yield similar comparisons.

Maybe I am a year older and slower, but still, the new battery life is noticeably worse. Did I just get an unlucky draw with the new battery? Does anyone have information or a suggestion to better understand this? Is it worth reporting this to the Specialized rep? Thanks.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
The battery on my 2021 Turbo Levo Comp died earlier this spring (April 2021). The local bike shops and the Specialized rep were extremely helpful in getting a new battery (I picked it up at a store that had one in stock, even though I bought the bike and have it serviced at other shops).

However, the new battery seems to have less life than the old one. A typical ride is 21.1 miles and 4269 feet elevation gain, all single track, mostly in trail mode on the way up and with the power turned off most of the way down. This particular ride used up about 50% of the old battery's life but about 75% of the new battery's life. Other routes yield similar comparisons.

Maybe I am a year older and slower, but still, the new battery life is noticeably worse. Did I just get an unlucky draw with the new battery? Does anyone have information or a suggestion to better understand this? Is it worth reporting this to the Specialized rep? Thanks.
Agree that seems a lot lower than expected . Presumably you are in eco. I got 42 miles when new in eco and 1000m climbing left with 10 percent .So same roughly as your old battery. I tested mine two months ago same route recommended settings and still same thats 2 years later and 4000 miles so happy with that.

T8COH

Oct 16, 2021
Dundee
I did this ride at the weekend mostly Eco apart from the steep hill went into Turbo . Was pretty disappointed really I was expecting a lot more from it .

D1DF5DF3-A079-48A8-93B3-563C06EBFE50.png

A79738D9-A764-448D-9B86-1455CB5EEE51.png

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles