Tubeless?

Skelly

Jan 25, 2020
Uk
Hi all. I’m new to this so looking for some guidance. I’ve just bought a 2019 Kenevo comp and the tyres (Butcher) are branded as tubeless ready. Does anyone know if they are tubeless now or will they have tubes in? Cheers.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Unless the bike shop have changed them at your request, they will have tubes in. If it's new, the bike should come with two tubeless valves so you can swap the tubes out.

The Spesh bikes normally come with well taped wheels, so they're fairly problem free to swap over to tubeless.

Skelly

Jan 25, 2020
Uk
thanks I did get 2 extra valves. Is it worth going tubeless? If so, can you point me towards instructions on how to do this
cheers.

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
There's a few threads on this with all the info you need. There are also lots of differing opinions. Best off luck.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
@Beekeeper posted this the other day :

Tubeless setup for beginners - EMTB Forums

There are quite a few threads which also explain how to do it.

Just take your time and be patient, once you've done the first one, the second will be a doddle !

Watch out for which way you take the tyre off and on and things like that, so you don't accidentally put it on the wrong way.

There are lots of little tricks for re-inflating to get it to pop on the rim, like removing the valve cores, a compressor .. a modified coke bottle...

All that said ... if you don't ride anywhere you might get punctures all the time and you don't want to run low tyre pressures, you might be completely fine with tubes.

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
I'd say go tubeless with Stan's NoTubes & the DART.

Or keep the tubes & get Tannus Armour.

Jdog

Patreon
Jun 4, 2019
Surrey, UK
A piece of hindsight advice...go tubeless before you ride the tyres, much easier before its ridden :LOL:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles