trying to order a new cube....

fenwick458

Oct 6, 2020
Cumbria
Phoned my LBS today, have bought last 2 bikes from there they know me.

was simply told I couldn't order, there was nothing to order from cube, not even a waiting list...

luckily I don't actually need it until Jan/Feb, but I was expecting at least to be able to order it and be told it would come next year or something?
the person I spoke to on the phone told me to just keep checking their website for new stock coming in, I said yeah right what are the chances you are going to order the exact right size and model I want!? the types of bikes they order for stock are just mid range mediums and larges, I'm looking at the 160 hybrid SL or TM in XL (22")

Last edited:

Cabby.

Apr 17, 2020
Scotland
I have been huffing and puffing about buying an ebike since lockdown. The more I fannied about the less bikes there was so I kinda went off the idea, til I was out riding about three or four weeks ago. Went down to my local Cube dealer and asked him about when 2021 bikes will become available....they are sold out he told me :eek:

Holy bejeeezus I said, genuniely couldn't believe it, he told me he'd speak to the rep and call me back. A week later no call, so I dropped in again, he said there was no point in calling you as nothing had changed. That morning I was browsing and found a 140 AT in my size on Paul's Cycles site.

The AT was more than I wanted to spend, much more than I wanted to spend but called them anyway, guy told me they got it in the previous day and would probably sell within 24 hours, it didn't sell in 24 hours, it sold right there and then, to me.

My advice is, if you want one keep browsing and don't fuck about if one appears or wait months, probably six months.....at least.

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
I have been huffing and puffing about buying an ebike since lockdown. The more I fannied about the less bikes there was so I kinda went off the idea, til I was out riding about three or four weeks ago. Went down to my local Cube dealer and asked him about when 2021 bikes will become available....they are sold out he told me :eek:

Holy bejeeezus I said, genuniely couldn't believe it, he told me he'd speak to the rep and call me back. A week later no call, so I dropped in again, he said there was no point in calling you as nothing had changed. That morning I was browsing and found a 140 AT in my size on Paul's Cycles site.

The AT was more than I wanted to spend, much more than I wanted to spend but called them anyway, guy told me they got it in the previous day and would probably sell within 24 hours, it didn't sell in 24 hours, it sold right there and then, to me.

My advice is, if you want one keep browsing and don't fuck about if one appears or wait months, probably six months.....at least.

I don’t believe it! A Scotsman spending some money?:D

fenwick458

Oct 6, 2020
Cumbria
Bikester were showing stock of various Cubes earlier if you're happy to buy from abroad.
well, I didn't expect that, they actually have the exact one I want too. trouble is I can't ride it for 4 months. I really would prefer the LBS too they normally give me a discount and if theres any problems with the bike they are right there.
I may regret this decision but then again I may end up buying a better & cheaper bike from somewhere else!

Cabby.

Apr 17, 2020
Scotland
well, I didn't expect that, they actually have the exact one I want too. trouble is I can't ride it for 4 months. I really would prefer the LBS too they normally give me a discount and if theres any problems with the bike they are right there.
I may regret this decision but then again I may end up buying a better & cheaper bike from somewhere else!

I too wanted to buy from the LBS but none were available to them, not for months, I wasn't prepared to wait in case I did wait and they still couldn't get me what I wanted.

Riotsloth

Sep 16, 2018
Haywards Heath
I had to order mine from Germany, and it came here with a bent derailleur hanger. It's still perfectly ridable as long as you are careful about going into the highest gear (which is so high I have no need for it yet), but the shop told me to get it fixed and send them the bill. Personally, having the bike delivered in two weeks not six months was worth it. I can't remember wanting something so badly since wanting to get a Yamaha RD350LC as a teenager. It's a strange feeling being fifty and feeling like a kid again over a bike! I have been riding it every day despite the rain and the fact I could only take it out for an hour as I was working and I had no lights until today. I suspect it's probably the greatest thing I have ever owned in my life, I love it so much! So getting one from wherever was definitely worth it for me, despite the grief.

scjgreen

Aug 5, 2020
Exeter
I had to order mine from Germany, and it came here with a bent derailleur hanger. It's still perfectly ridable as long as you are careful about going into the highest gear (which is so high I have no need for it yet), but the shop told me to get it fixed and send them the bill. Personally, having the bike delivered in two weeks not six months was worth it. I can't remember wanting something so badly since wanting to get a Yamaha RD350LC as a teenager. It's a strange feeling being fifty and feeling like a kid again over a bike! I have been riding it every day despite the rain and the fact I could only take it out for an hour as I was working and I had no lights until today. I suspect it's probably the greatest thing I have ever owned in my life, I love it so much! So getting one from wherever was definitely worth it for me, despite the grief.

Replace the Hanger

The part no is 8651 and its a Cube X12 Hanger

billwarwick

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 1, 2018
warwick
Phoned my LBS today, have bought last 2 bikes from there they know me.

was simply told I couldn't order, there was nothing to order from cube, not even a waiting list...

luckily I don't actually need it until Jan/Feb, but I was expecting at least to be able to order it and be told it would come next year or something?
the person I spoke to on the phone told me to just keep checking their website for new stock coming in, I said yeah right what are the chances you are going to order the exact right size and model I want!? the types of bikes they order for stock are just mid range mediums and larges, I'm looking at the 160 hybrid SL or TM
Have a look at Leisure Wheels in Hemel Hempstead, they are showing some models in stock. I got my 2021 Cube from them. Ordered it a couple of months ago and it arrived when they said it would. Obviously, the days of having a test ride before you buy have gone so its a case of jumping in and taking a chance. You can also get a discount, even on 2021 models, if you are a key worker.

Stiggy

Aug 9, 2020
Bolton UK
Have a look at Leisure Wheels in Hemel Hempstead, they are showing some models in stock. I got my 2021 Cube from them. Ordered it a couple of months ago and it arrived when they said it would. Obviously, the days of having a test ride before you buy have gone so its a case of jumping in and taking a chance. You can also get a discount, even on 2021 models, if you are a key worker.
Great company, bought my 2021 Cube from them and fantastic to deal with, lots of advice, great prices and bike arrived really well packed and un-damaged. 100% reccomend.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles